RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm done with subs for good!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I think the dogleg ignition path of the CVA and Traditions percussion guns is the major factor in the problem of no bang bang with Pyrodex. Add to that the chunky composition of compressed Pyrodex RS, not terribly strong no. 11 cap, and any crud in the flash channel and you can fuhgeddaboutit. I find that Pyrodex P and a musket cap really helps these guns, mine is about 98% reliable. The patent breech type of T/C works much better in every respect. Look forward to switching to real BP when the Pyro is used up. If I found a really good deal on Pyro, I *might* buy it just for my inline since it shoots quite well with it and I can easily clean this rifle in more detail than a sidelock. Evilmart used to sell Pyro for half off at the end of the season, don't know if they still do.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master
    Try some compressed air to drive it out (Point it in a safe direction). Trickle a few grain of powder in the drum and shoot it out. Use caution, of course.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Thanks, got it unclogged by adding a bit of powder to the drum.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123