RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Starline 32 Winchester Special brass

Boolit Master

Starline 32 Winchester Special brass

No I don't have any for sale but I was contacted yesterday by Starline concerning an order I placed 16 months ago for 500 pieces. Apparently, they have a batch arriving soon and I was to get mine when that happened. I just bought my rifle about the time I placed the order for the brass and not being one to sit around looking at a rifle that needs to be shot, I found brass on Gunbroker and bought 1,100 new Starline cases. I'm sure that is a lifetime supply for me and more. So I cancelled my order with Starline just now so somebody who needs it more can have a chance. If anybody is looking for 32 Special be on the lookout for some appearing on the Starline site soon.

Thanks for giving others a chance. I placed an order over a year ago and check the website every day...literally ever day (sometimes more). I talked to Emm just yesterday to make sure my 32 WS brass was still on backordr and she conformed that it was, but could give me no indication as to when any would be available. I know they will send it when they have it. They are a great compnay to work with. I do wish that they would be able to give you a general indication is to when to expect brass on placed back order. There on line invoice listing is not always clear as to what is still on back order vs that which has been filled. These were just suggestions to make an already great company greater. I hope your prediction of some 32 WS brass becoming available does come true. I have 3 rifles in 32 WS and have some brass, but it will get harder to get in the future.

Bill

Moderator Emeritus
    I have a 32 Spec but mostly just use 30-30 brass with an expanded neck. Am I missing something other than the correct headstamp on the brass?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by garandsrus View Post
    I have a 32 Spec but mostly just use 30-30 brass with an expanded neck. Am I missing something other than the correct headstamp on the brass?
    NO, I have converted 30-30 brass easily to .32 with just the .32 dies.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    NO, I have converted 30-30 brass easily to .32 with just the .32 dies.
    ditto
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Grand Master

The few times that I ordered brass that was on backorder it shipped in about a week. Wow, 16 months seems like a lifetime!

Boolit Master
    I have a 30-30 and 32 Special so didn't want to have two such similar cartridges around with the same headstamp. I found new Starline on Gunbroker for not too terribly much so got them. Other than that, there is no reason to have a 32 Special and not shoot it using brass made from 30-30.