WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pack Rats

Boolit Master

Pack Rats

Granddaughter came over to help Wife clean-up a little for the holidays.She told my wife Grandma your a hoarder. Wife replyed no I'm a pack rat.And both of them laughed.
    Now today I've got my living room floor covered with bags of shotgun hulls, am I a pack rat.Yes indeed.

Boolit Master

I am the equivalent of a Pack of Pack Rats today. My wife is away with friends from her College Days on a Cruise ship. The Living room floor is full of Cartridge Rifle and Pistol boxes, bags and piles of Numerous Caliber Brass collected from Range Pick Ups over the last few years, and other "Saved" boxes to hold the Cartridge Boxes and Brass. Been sorting, filling cartridge boxes with brass and segmenting into larger boxes by calibers.

Yep I am a Pack Rat - but I am a Brass Wealthy Pack Rat. Oooops - better get back to sorting, repackaging as it has to be done and the entire house cleaned before her ship hits the Docks this coming Sunday.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

My wife and I are both 'pack rats' and hoarders. My mother-in-law passed away 7 years ago, her house is still half full. Somehow we need to start selling or throwing stuff out! Unfortunately, we each want to throw the others out!

Boolit Buddy
    My two storage sheds are full and I have trails between all of the stuff in my garage I'm going to use 'someday'. I'm not a hoarder or a packrat, I'm a nuclear powered chipmunk with high capacity storage.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Boolit Master
    I am neither pack rat or hoarder, I am an individual with selective OCD/accumulator syndrome!
    R.D.M.

I am not to big on pack ratting reloading supply's, But I can not through away glass jars, car parts that I have no clue what they go to, And any thing that I think I might I might need 100 years from now! The minute you get rid of it you WILL need it.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Master
    I built a large shop 40’X50’ to store and work on old Jeeps, its full 1 1948 cj under rebuild. Moved all reloading equip to barn tack room, now it’s full. Not a pac rat I’m a historian.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    The only reason these young ones get to enjoy the older stuff is because we are pack rats. Stack it deep and tall.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Been working (3 weeks) to clean the unused misc junk out of the garage and my closet (old tax and finance stuff). If I really need it I'll go buy another. If I kept it, I'd forget where it was stored.
    Whatever!

I’m a pack rat and proud of it. The down side is when the wife wants a left handed foowanger she is certain I have one and new in the box to boot.. Does not believe me when I say I have never had a left handed foowanger. I had a right handed one but broke it changing the muffler bearing on on the Rodeo..

Boolit Master

I only need an empty Kmart building to store my tras...er....treasures, I might be happy.

Super6 you are 100% right, it has happened to me more than once.

Boolit Master
    Back in 2020 Pack Rats were sitting comfortably at home while everyone else was taking off from work to drive all over looking for toilet paper. I look at it more like the old story they used to tell kids in school about the ants and grasshoppers. You can go through life with the bare minimum as if nothing will ever go wrong but if you are older than maybe 30 you should know better.

Boolit Grand Master

In my wallet ... Along with my "Certified Cajun Card" , " Basket of Deplorables Card " and my " NRA Membership Card" , I also carry my " Pack Rat of America Card " ... I think I became a member in 1954 when my Momma emptied out my pockets to wash my pants and found a vast collection of glass marbles , pretty rocks , steel washers , a dead frog , a flat nickle I put on the train tracks and the train ran over it ...an assortment of fired brass pistol shells , 7 - 22 shorts and one 32-20 round , two pocket knives and a broken file ... She Exclaimed ... "Lordy Have Mercy Chile ... Look at all this in your pocket's . you must belong to the Pack Rat Club ... So from that day forth ... I Been a member of the Pack Rat's !

You know what they say ... If the shoe fits...you gotta wear it !

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    I guess I can admit to being part of this eclectic group. I too keep & store a lot of stuff,, that has value (to me) and for the "just in case" work,, and "Don't throw that away,, I can recycle it somehow."

My Dad lived through the Great Depression. He would straighten old nails to re-use. He didn't believe in waste. He would keep a lot of stuff he might need,, or whatever.

But my two boys,, they keep telling me; "When you die,, we are gonna get a large dumpster, and just fill it up!"

I'm gonna have the last laugh. I'm gonna leave a big note,, in my will paperwork. It will say; "In all my odds & ends stuff,, I have hidden $100 bills all over. If you don't look,, you will throw out well over $10,000.00.

Boolit Master

I R one

Boolit Buddy
    Pack rat...you've acquired enough stuff that you needed to rent a storage unit to "temporarily" store stuff you know you want to make room for it in your house by getting rid of stuff you decide you want less than the stuff in storage.

Boolit Master

I am "saving" a lot less today then in the past I even gave away a gallon bag of 30-06 and .223 brass I picked up at the range last month . But I did save every .350 Legend case and they will be trimmed for use in the great grandfather gun a Winchester Model 1907 I should shoot more!

Note if you have one of these great old guns make sure you take it apart and check the buffer I did mine during covid and Buffers were as dried up in supply as mine was in my 1916 gun! I am still using one made from the face of a rubber hammer it has a 8 mm 5/16" hole in the center of a 16 mm (very slightly over 5/8") and I made it a bit longer at .4 inch then the originals . So far so good with the material .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master

A good friend on mine bought an old farm with 4 barns/sheds. Two fell down so he built new to replace. Both are much bigger. One holds 6 to eight cars. It has one tractor he can't keep running. He wants it gone. Too much clutter he says? One Farmall C, a milk crate of hippie records from the sixties, a couple random oil cans. 60' x 22' ! I wish people would stop using the term "hoarder" .
    On the other side, my parents lived during the great depression. I inherited a lot of those traits/habits. I wont start that list...

Boolit Grand Master

I guess I'm one too! And I'm finding out that my late Wife was one too! I pity my Boys when I'm gone!

After dealing with a couple of estates, I use the Five Year rule;
    If I haven’t used it, seen it, or thought about it in five years- it’s gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast