WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Need help finding a thread on cast HP bullets for a 7.62x39 or 300BO?

Boolit Master

Need help finding a thread on cast HP bullets for a 7.62x39 or 300BO?

I remember seeing a thread on here, somewhere, where someone was hunting in I think New Zealand, and using a cast, powder coated and gas checked bullet with great results, either using a 7.62x39 or a .300BO. I think it was a Noe or Accurate mold, one with the pins to adjust for weight and hollow point. I am very interested in this, as I have a Savage Axis 2 in 300BO that is shooting cloverleaf 3 shot groups with 125gr TNTs or 220Sierra subs, I think it would be a great candidate for a bullet like the one mentioned with a suppressor for close in hunting 75yds and under here in KY. All help appreciated.

Boolit Buddy

I run MP 311 – 180 SIL GC HP out of my 10 inch and 16 inch blackout AR. Its not suppressed but it shoots great for me. Cast softish and powdercoated, its a great pig round.

Boolit Master

I can't help you specifically on those two rounds, but I can potentially guide you to a bullet:

Ranch Dog engineered a series of three ".30 caliber short neck" mold blueprints to cover the .308 Win, the .300 Savage, and the 7.62x39, and he teamed up with NOE to make them. Here is a link to which I believe is the one for the SKS/AK round: https://noebulletmolds.com/site/prod...13-153-rf-ao4/

They're gas-checked tumble-lubers that you ideally run through a push-through sizer to seat the checks. My experience with the .308 version has been exceedingly positive - blueprinted to fit SAAMI-spec chamber and OAL so no seating depth challenges; can be driven fast; accurate; hits HARD. I use it as the practice slug to atomize milk jugs at 100 yards, and it turns them into baby fog banks. Ranch Dog is a big fan of the 7.62x39, and he engineered the weight of that bullet to pretty well coincide with the common cast bullet velocity threshold of about 2000 fps and how fast that round can throw that amount of weight. It should be an AWESOME combo. Looks like Al currently has plenty in stock.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    What is the 'RG' designation on the NOE molds?
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Sundog;
    Good to see you posting!
    The “RG” is the name for the NOE hollowpoint system.
    Tony

Boolit Master
    Tony, thank you.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.