Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you use to recharge your PCP Air Pistol

Boolit Buddy
    Now where I can shoot and not worry where the bullet goes
    Thank you everyone for your informative responses. I have available to me a 6 year old scuba tank. A friend who cannot scuba dive any longer wants it out of his garage. But the regulator is damaged from being banged into.
    What regulators and fittings do you use to recharge your PCP’s?
    Zucca 1:1 Kill Your TV

Boolit Mold
    SailCaptain, no regulator for filling, just a SCBA tank with a fill whip fitted with a male foster quick connect fitting that either fits onto female fitting screwed into a fill probe or a female fill port nipple affixed to the airgun. The fill whip threads into a DIN300 SCBA tank valve. When filling the gun's reservoir the trick is to crack the SCBA tank valve open slowly and to monitor the output pressure so as not to exceed the maximum input pressure stamped or printed on the air gun or in the owner's manual. As the tank pressure approaches the recommended max pressure, close the SCBA tank valse and bleed the fill whip before disconnecting it from the gun's fill port.

currently use a knock off hand pump from amazon (i think) for about the third the cost of one of the others. I am not a very big guy and filling the Gamo to max pressure takes a few minutes and is a bit of a cardio workout. Once I get the air leak fixed in the Urban I may look into a used tank, I have heard that sometimes fire departments will sell / give (for a donation) their used tanks that don't pass inspection. I have not tried this.

Boolit Master
    If you search youtube you can find a guy who hooked a hand pump up to a bike rear tire and using the pedal motion to pump up a tank.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleT View Post
    currently use a knock off hand pump from amazon (i think) for about the third the cost of one of the others. I am not a very big guy and filling the Gamo to max pressure takes a few minutes and is a bit of a cardio workout. Once I get the air leak fixed in the Urban I may look into a used tank, I have heard that sometimes fire departments will sell / give (for a donation) their used tanks that don't pass inspection. I have not tried this.
    Be wary. If you fill the tank yourself, that will work. Places that fill tanks require the tank be certified. That costs $35 last time I checked and must be done every 5 years. Tanks older than 15 years cannot be recertified. That is why they get sold off.

And do not buy a new tank off eBay that is cheap without verifying it has DOT cert. Everyone I looked at was not DOT certified and shops will not touch them. I ended up biting the bullet and getting a tank from Airguns of Arizona. Good people to work with. It cost double the eBay tanks.
    Don Verna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12