Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Activ shotgun hulls

Boolit Master

I shot and reloaded thousands of them in the early 80's to shoot Sporting Clays. A year or so ago I sold either wads or hulls here, don't remember which, maybe both. I need to dig to see if I have more. I don't reload shotshells anymore so if I do I'll post them for sale in the classifieds. As many say they are a really good and tough hull.
    Take care all!
    Rick

I never saw a hull and might never. I wouldnt mind seeing them being reloaded cause they always looked funny to me and I have seen some in a plastic shell box with other shells for years.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you for the replies. The 12ga Activ 3" hulls are similar to the 12ga Federal 3" hulls that don't have a base wad. HUGE volumn. This week has been cooold with ice covering the roads, so I loaded (3) three 12 ga 3" Activ hulls with an MP Molds full bore round ball just to try in my Rem. 870. Supposed to warm up next week and RAIN every day. OH well.
    James

Boolit Buddy
    I still have a bag of new 3 inch hulls when Ballistic Products use to sell them way back , I loaded them with steel shot

Boolit Buddy
    oldsman, thanks for the reply. My wife and I were in R.I. last Oct.. We were on a Caravan Motor Coach tour. We stopped in New Port and ferried out to Martha's Vineyard.Beautiful area. I am using some of my 12 ga Activ hulls that I got from BPI. It's hard for me to use these new pre-primed hull just for testing loads. Several years ago I loaded several for an after season snow goose hunt in Arkansas. 1 7/8 oz. lead #2 and a stiff load of Blue Dot, shot in my Rem 870. Yes there was recoil. LOTS of recoil. I bought some 2 3/4" 12 ga hull a few years ago not many. I'd really like to have some 20 ga. Activ hulls and a full bore round ball mold in 20 ga.
    Thank you
    James

Boolit Master
    I too have wads and even a lot of hulls in the Activ line. They are a tapered hull. I would usually use the old Winchester AA Hull data and would choose one wad size up. So if I were wanting to load 1 1/8 oz of lead shot in the Activ, I would use a AA wad for 1 ounce. Same goes for wanting to load 1 ounce of lead, I'd go up to the 7/8 oz AA wad. They had a lot of room inside and were nice to load. I found that I could load them as many times as my AA compression formed hulls. My powder of choice was Red Dot and primer was usually Winchester 209's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12