Snyders JerkyWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Does any of you load any 000 buckshot in 12 gauge

Does any of you load any 000 buckshot in 12 gauge

Does any of you load any 000 buckshot in 12 gauge? I got a Lee 000 buckshot mold any have been making some great 3 inch 12 gauge loads with Blue Dot

Boolit Grand Master

Not yet but plan to! I got a 000 buck mould some time ago and cast but have not loaded then yet. I have too many slug loads to test backed up!

What sort of patterns are you getting?

I'll be watching for range reports and pics... got to have pics!

Longbow

Boolit Buddy
    I have been loading 000 Buck for no less than 30 years for hog hunting, and have excellent results with it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smokyCMP View Post
    Does any of you load any 000 buckshot in 12 gauge? I got a Lee 000 buckshot mold any have been making some great 3 inch 12 gauge loads with Blue Dot
    What load are using for your 3 inch shells?

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    Quote Originally Posted by smokyCMP View Post
    I’m only loading 2-3/4” currently. Looking forward to trying some loads with buffer before buying 3” hulls.

What barrel length and choke is working best with your 000 home cast pet load? What alloy lead mix are you using?

I load plenty. Just loaded up some in 3” Fiocchi hulls with Fio mag primers, 35 grs of Blue Dot, 38 grs of Steel, x12x gas seal, and a 3/8” fiber wad. Filled with BPI original buffer and fold crimped. 10 pellets of 000 stacked by twos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I load 000 in short 10’s . Most of the 12 2 3/4” I’ve loaded was 0 . Now with that being said for the 12 3” I keep factory 000 , 00 and 1 on my shelf .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    This buckshot thing “can become” an addiction ! And while the majority of what I’ve done over the last 8-10years was for the 10 ga 2 7/8” it did cause me to make 0000 and 00000 then when I acquired the first 8 gauge I had a couple molds made for 000000 (.415”) .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

I only have a 000 mould so I load 8 into a 2 3/4" Trap Load for Low recoil Buckshot. Keep in mind these are still traveling at 1200 fps so they are lethal. They work especially well in a Vang Comped Barrel.

OK, the first pic is 000 at 5 yards and would be a Hostage Shot where you'd be aiming at the Exposed side of his face or Ear, which will then be gone! Just hope the wad doesn't hit your wife in the face.

Second is 000 at 15 yards and is 3"x3" Center Mass and not survivable without Body Armor, and if a Body Shot is not available, then a Leg Shot or Arm Shot at 5 yards will Remove said Appendage.

The last pic is 00 at 20 yards and is 2x6 for 9 pellets, and is more of the same. These were all Federal or Winchester Factory Loads. My guns that have Vang Comped Barrels will consistently do 7" at 25 yards,,, and with Federal Flight Control Ammo they will do half that.

That would work pretty well for Pigs out to 30+ yards Beyond that you need to be shooting slugs anyway.

This is why I like Combat Shotguns so much. In Fact, I am currently building another M500 made for Western Auto (Western Field) back in the 60's It will be similar to My Monkey Berg which was made for Montgomery Wards Stores.

Last Weekend at a 3 gun shoot in Santa Barbara, I ran a Shotgun Stage with 25 Clay and Steel targets with the Monkey Berg in 129 seconds with one miss which I picked up with the next shot.
    (26 rounds total fired) The gun only holds 6 rounds so I did 20 Ejection Port Single Loads in a Row rather than reloading the magazine 5 times.! The only guys who beat me were shooting Beretta 1301's and Benelli M4's with 10 to 15 round Mag tubes. They only beat me by a few seconds and I was running a Pump Gun! The last shot was an 18x24 steel plate with a 3" hole in the middle with a flap on it at 25 yards. I hit the hole perfectly with a slug. 30 Cool points awarded for that shot. That is why you need Rifle Sights on your Shotgun !!!. That Barrel is not Vang Comped so I ran an IC Choke Tube

Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1524.jpg   IMG_1525.jpg   IMG_1535.jpg   IMG_2173.JPG   IMG_2154 (2).JPG  

IMG_2159 (2).JPG  
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 12-10-2023 at 04:10 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com