Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt 1917 on the way

I found an old Lyman AR mould for the 236 grain that casts at 252 grains. I use 4.2 of 452 AA but understand that WST reloads similar. I just use 45 ACP and full moon clips, easier to get the brass, etc. The big meplat makes a handy pin gun for revolver with a 25-2 DA setup.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master

Mine like any load that works well in my 1911.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Buddy
    I've never bothered with clips for .45ACP revolvers in that I find it quicker to lift out each fired case rather then bother with clipping and declipping. I use .45 ACP brass exclusively because I have a lifetime supply. I'm considering trying the Arsenal molds 230 grain Keith bullet pictured earlier in this string, and wonder what (if any) difference would be evidenced by using clips to allow roll crimping. I'd be curious (as I imagine the original poster might) to hear comments on this approach.
    Last edited by El Bibliotecario; 12-06-2023 at 10:49 AM.

Boolit Master

Go with the 452423 and I like the 1/3rd moon clips as it makes for an easier partial reload. Big old rough, awesome beasts. Wonder what happened to them all./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Buddy
    Ranch Products catalogs 1/3 moon clips. If I was worried about a rapid reload, I would use a .45 with a magazine, but that's just me. I like the 1/3 clips because they can be carried in cartridge loops.

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    I got to handle the revolver yesterday, can't believe how solid it is, built like a tank, the finish was much better than what was shown in the pictures... I have to be infringed of my constitutional rights for 10 days now before I can take possession of it... can't wait!
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -John Adams 2nd POTUS

Boolit Master
    Just a tiny bit of maybe useful info, the Rimz clips are too thick to work in an S&W Governor, but metal moon clips work fine. The Rimz work just fine in all my other 25 series .45 ACPs. GF

I bought this mold from Accurate Molds for my S&W 25-5 45 Colt but after trying it in a 625-3, it shoots so well with Accurate #5, it has become my go to with Auto Rim brass. I run it between 790 and 800 fps and it is a pleasant load with s bit of smack to it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45-253M.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	320719
    Last edited by murf205; 12-07-2023 at 10:15 AM.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    I bought this mold from Accurate Molds for my S&W 25-5 45 Colt but after trying it in a 625-3, it shoots so well with Accurate #5, it has become my go to with Auto Rim brass. I run it between 790 and 800 fps and it is a pleasant load with s bit of smack to it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45-253M.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	320719
    Nice! That is very similar to the NOE 454255, thats what I am going to load up and shoot with the 45 AR brass.
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -John Adams 2nd POTUS

Boolit Master
    The revolver came in and I am pleased... the original walnut grips were a little small so I made some elk antler grips from a dog chew and they are larger and give the gun a better feel:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AwxMQ2d.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	321335

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12