Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: That Whole 32-20 Brass Thing

That Whole 32-20 Brass Thing

Continuing on the lack of availability/high cost of 32-20 brass. A couple of weeks ago I paid $29/100 for new Starline 32-20 brass. I received my order in about 6 days. That same 100 cases is listed on Gunbroker for $170. What a racket!

Kind of like the dudes on-line that will have USPS flat rate boxes delivered to your house for a small fee.

The kind you can pick up at the post office for free. Or have the post office deliver them to your house for free.

Saw it on fleabay recently. What a scam. For $12.95 they would deliver 10 boxes to your house. The same boxes USPS would deliver for free.

"There's a sucker born every minute"

Boolit Master
    Yeah, there are people who will order large quantities of components they don't even want during a shortage then sell them at auction to take advantage of other shooters. And putting the blame on the buyer is wrong. When something is in short supply for years a lot of shooters are bound to start really needing it. I have little use for shooters taking advantage of others like that. It's similar to buying up all the food from a grocery store then selling it at 500% mark up to starving people later on.
    The majority of time Starline won't even let you backorder most of their offerings so you can't even get in line to get an email to give you a chance to order.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 35 Rem View Post
    Yeah, there are people who will order large quantities of components they don't even want during a shortage then sell them at auction to take advantage of other shooters. And putting the blame on the buyer is wrong. When something is in short supply for years a lot of shooters are bound to start really needing it. I have little use for shooters taking advantage of others like that. It's similar to buying up all the food from a grocery store then selling it at 500% mark up to starving people later on.
    The majority of time Starline won't even let you backorder most of their offerings so you can't even get in line to get an email to give you a chance to order.
    This 100%. During the 2010's my local shop quit displaying powder and primers because the owner was tired of the flea marketers buying everything to sell for 3X the price.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Ok, who had it. I check starline regularly.
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Boolit Master

Starline had it available for order/backorder for less than a day recently. I learned about it late afternoon the same day and it wouldn't let me order. I would have liked to order 250 pieces. At least I have enough to last me a while.
    Take care,
    Rick

ET Brass had some a couple days ago.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Thanks
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Boolit Master
    I found that I don't have the extra bag of new 32-20 that I thought I did but I do have a brake shoe box about half full of loaded 32-20 and another cardboard box with about the same number also loaded. Seems that I had 700 or 800 and have managed to load them all up without remembering doing so. Would still like to have another 500 if I'm ever in the right place at the right time. I called ET Brass several times Friday morning and never got an answer.

Sorry to see that 35 Rem. I'd try again tomorrow.
    I bought from them a couple mons. back, nice folks.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Boolit Master
    I wonder if we have enough interest on the site to put together a group buy to have a special order from starline

maybe the government should make sure everybody charges the same price for everything? Lol

Boolit Master
    Brassmonkey,
    BUT
    As Reagan said: "----terrifying thing said : I am the Gov't and I am here to help you"

Boolit Buddy
    Starline is taking backorders this morning. Limit of two. Took slightly over a month for them to call me re my backorder.

Got my order in!

Check ET Brass. I just canceled an order for 200 starline cases this morning. They are in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Brassmonkey View Post
    maybe the government should make sure everybody charges the same price for everything? Lol
    Exactly. Caveat emptor. Stupid is as stupid does.
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    Ordered/backordered the same day 11-8 they became available, just before they went "no backorder". Received my order Friday, Also my back order of 454 Casull came the same day. Also received a week ago my backorder from August 2022 for 32 Winchester special. Christmas did come a bit early for me.
    ET brass had a while ago, some 25-20 Winchester brand brass, fortunately I was able to procure about 400 of those.
    While deer hunting this year I stopped in a hardware store and found Loaded Winchester 25-20 ammo, 86gr jacketed SP. At $90.00 for the box of 50 Im glad I found and bought the brass from ET!
    Stay vigilante when looking, get your name on every "contact me when available" on merchants websites and strike when it does become in stock.
    And yes, I did buy a box of those 25-20's. Gunbrokers got 32-20 at $170? that would gross me about $1700! yea right, not happening,
    Crash87
    "An art, to supply a truthful response to someones nagging, busy bodied question(s) such that the person feels as though their question has been answered, but yet, do not understand the answer and are unable to provide a follow up question to gain clarification for fear of appearing to be a dumb ***, when basically having to repeat the question

"LIBERALS ARE ALOT LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by crash87 View Post
    Ordered/backordered the same day 11-8 they became available, just before they went "no backorder". Received my order Friday, Also my back order of 454 Casull came the same day. Also received a week ago my backorder from August 2022 for 32 Winchester special. Christmas did come a bit early for me.
    ET brass had a while ago, some 25-20 Winchester brand brass, fortunately I was able to procure about 400 of those.
    While deer hunting this year I stopped in a hardware store and found Loaded Winchester 25-20 ammo, 86gr jacketed SP. At $90.00 for the box of 50 Im glad I found and bought the brass from ET!
    Stay vigilante when looking, get your name on every "contact me when available" on merchants websites and strike when it does become in stock.
    And yes, I did buy a box of those 25-20's. Gunbrokers got 32-20 at $170? that would gross me about $1700! yea right, not happening,
    Crash87
    I seem to get on those places with long list only to find out they sold out before they ever emailed me that it was available.

A rancher friend inherited this Marlin 94 from his late father in law.
    Who probably caught hell for having it drilled and tapped….and converted to .256 Winchester “magnum”…..
    The current state of .218 Bee, 25-20, & 32-20 brass availability makes me see him as a visionary!
    I’d “downscope” that thing, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk