Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nippin weights

I pre sort ww by dropping them on a steel plate. Steel and Zinc make a ping noise while lead makes a dull thud. Then I melt at no higher than 600 to catch anything that I have missed. I get my ww a pound or two at a time so it’s not too time consuming.

Cheers,
    Steve

Boolit Mold
    Ended up with 2 5 gallon buckets about 200 lbs. I think I bite off more than I wanted LOL Tried to start sorting last night, was at best a poke and a guess. Any one know the comp of zinc ww are they pure or an alloy????

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Castingcoot View Post
    Ended up with 2 5 gallon buckets about 200 lbs. I think I bite off more than I wanted LOL Tried to start sorting last night, was at best a poke and a guess. Any one know the comp of zinc ww are they pure or an alloy????
    Don't get discouraged! It gets faster after you have done a few. I've gotten where I sort sitting down. I'll sit with the bucket between my feet, raised up somewhat where its comfortable. Then I'll start "cherry picking" the most obvious. Usually the trash and then the next most obvious. Thats usually the steel weights. An ammo can under the bucket to raise it up works well for me. Hang in there, 2 buckets is a problem a lot of us would like to have!

Boolit Master
    The zinc weights are pure zinc so don't even think about it. Most of the zinc weight over about 1.25 oz have a ZN on them, as soon as you see that toss it in the zinc buck for trading material. And a five gallon buck full of weights is well over a hundred pounds unless your were not full. The last load of wheel weights I got was nine buckets and when I was done smelting I had 1950 pounds of ingots. A couple of those buckets wer the really tall 5 gallon buckets but the rest were full sheetrock buckets. A bit over 200 lbs. each.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12