Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: KYL Blackjack shooting game

KYL Blackjack shooting game

Yep I really need to get a KYL rack built this seems like it would be great for me and my friends mabye even just @100yd with our .22lrs
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Buddy
    A friend of mine has one with round targets. 8 discs on the target. We shoot it at 50 and 75 yards haven't tried 100 yards yet. He got his
    off Amazon on sale. You can buy one cheaper than you can make one.
    Check amazon on black Friday sales.

Boolit Master

We do something similar at our .22 matches. The last target is just slightly larger than a .22 bullet and a challenge at 50 yards.

Moderator Emeritus

"Outdoor" fun, indeed! At a good many Bullseye matches, each shooter who so wished would each put in a US dollar bill to "buy" a target which had a deck of playing cards printed on it. "Timed fire", one had twenty seconds to shoot. When the targets were retrieved, the shooter had to pick out his or her best Poker hand from the five shots fired. (Maybe (maybe???) I'm NOT lucky -- I do not recall ever winning -- but it was, indeed, a fun way to end the evening match! Only one winner -- whomever had the best hand.)
    geo

Good contest with big bore if you have 500, but you can reduce the size for shorter distance to use smaller calibers. A good use for used mower blades.

We put on as Airman's Christmas Basket Feather Shoot at our range every year. Military range. Many different size targets with handguns, and lever action rifles open sights only, out to 300 meters . Chickens and turkeys, using small bore rifle, small bore handgun, field pistol and big bore handgun steel targets. One side event was the $20 bill shoot, bill tied in the middle with with a tight knot, to a 36" piece of butcher string at 30 yards, cut the bill off with one shot, off hand, 1$ per shot, no shooting the knot or the bill. That $20 bill shoot raised $200 alone, looks so easy, but any breeze and the bow tie bill spins and wiggles.... 2/3 Proceeds went to the lower three enlisted ranks 1 each, by a drawing. 1/3 went to the 1st and 2nd match winners split 2/3 and 1/3. Club did not keep any money. Had a cook out, after the match. Big time was had by all. Small plaques, stating:
    I Got Plucked
    Feather Match

One of the very few "trophies" I have kept.
    Last edited by Rapier; 11-20-2023 at 10:18 AM.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Wow, the KYL Blackjack shooting game sounds like so much fun! As a big fan of various games, I'm definitely adding this experience to my must-try list.

Boolit Master

We play a game like that. We use this target. At 50 yards the 1/4" target is 1/2 moa. We gamble for big stakes. The loser has to bring donuts next week. Have you seen the price on donuts?
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boolit Master
    Does Erik like shooting more, or seeing and hearing himself on the internet more?

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    Does Erik like shooting more, or seeing and hearing himself on the internet more?
    Well when you the literal world champ FClass shooter along with running a business and podcast ..... Idk I enjoy him. He actually put out info in a easy to digest manner he's pretty humble imo as well. Never see him chest beating talking about how great he is like so many forum experts. He's point blank said multiple times he's making videos and showing stuff that he had to learn the hard way and had trouble with to help others.
    Now is he also marketing his business and himself, well yeah but for anyone with his credentials what's the problem with that . Don't know if anyone else taking time to interview all these high level shooters and post it for free like he does
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Also gotta say love how in one of his new videos he put out a $5000 offer to anyone who can clean his course iron sights ( since his comes where full of Marines and similar talking about how they could do it with standard m16 yadda yadda no scope )
    So far no takes and the comments have been pretty quiet
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Master
    Yea you got a point, and he did finally come clean about using CLR, and told everyone to stop it was ruining their barrels. Oh and I do realize he can shoot a rifle! But shameless self promotion may be a little over the top for me, but not everybody. I couldn't find a target at 500yds without a scope let alone hit it so he has no worries from me.