Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Most Funnest .22 Rifle?

Boolit Buddy
    I own several .22 lr rifles and pistols. I'd have to say my funnest one is my Ruger precision. Disciplining myself to shoot the heads off of wooden matchsticks at 50 yds..

My funnest is whatever one I happen to be shooting at the time.

Boolit Buddy
    I think they are all fun. Recently I was at a practice day at one of the ranges I shoot long range gong matches and played with the Crossno liner in my 1874 Shiloh Sharps. Had a blast ringing or more properly tinking steel out to 350 yards. Surprised at the accuracy of the liner also, was able to get sub 2moa groups out to 200 yards, until the wind got up. One thing for certain 50 rounds lasts a whole lot longer than with the semi autos.

Today I shot some cast 6.8 SPC loads @ 40 yards with my AR15 with 6x Redfield scope.
    It’s sighted in for jacketed loads so it impacts low.
    For grins I got out the 510 and shot 5 MiniMags at the lower
    blurry dot hiding behind the blurry front bead…….
    Yep, still the funnest .22 that I own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    My cheap $199 22" black synthetic Ruger American in 22wmr. It shoots a third inch groups at 100 yards pretty consistently with 30 grain vmax ammo. It's It's tac driver!I did lighten the heck out of the trigger. It brakes around a pound or less.

Boolit Buddy
    Mine is a Winchester model 55. Had to replace the bakelite feed trough with a Frist Aluminum. Otherwise it's all steel and walnut. Still the fastest single shot 22 ever made.

Boolit Mold
    Even to this day after 60 years, my Browning BL-22 can still shoot bullseyes at 50 yards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wm_13539563.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	321639

About a year ago, my mom asked me "are you ever going to grab your rifle?" It turns out, my very first ever firearm--a well used Stevens 73, was still sitting in a closet (nearly 30 years). I finally fixed the extractor, and got it out for the first time since the early 90's. It's a single shot bolt action. My dad got it for me with the idea that having exactly 1 shot would teach discipline. I really like it a lot. Refinished the stock in Tung Oil Finish, gave it good cleaning. She runs like a top now. It was like reuniting with an old, long lost friend.
    Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing!

I picked up a used Ruger .22 mag about 18 months ago. She is a tack driver! I have never owned for fired a .22WMR before. I have to say, it has considerable punch. I liked it so much, actually, that I also got a .22WMR revolver ( a cheap Rough Rider--but it shoots straight too). It's a fun caliber. Good power, but a LOT quieter than my .223. And a hell of a lot cheaper to feed.
    Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Today I shot some cast 6.8 SPC loads @ 40 yards with my AR15 with 6x Redfield scope.
    It’s sighted in for jacketed loads so it impacts low.
    For grins I got out the 510 and shot 5 MiniMags at the lower
    blurry dot hiding behind the blurry front bead…….
    Yep, still the funnest .22 that I own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aah - those blurry sights! A long time ago I learned to focus on the target. It works for me. Or at least it used to but now that my font sight has grown triplicates ..... However, I have one rifle, a Toz, that has sights that I can still see in singular form and I can shoot with it. It's now my dedicated open sight rifle.

But my funnest 22 rifle at the moment is my shortened barrel Voere with suppressor, a ten round magazine that cost me more than the rifle (got it cheap 'cause it had no mag), scoped, double torched and laser. Talk about tacticool! It's my possum rifle and is as accurate as one can hope for. It's shortness makes it perfect for dragging around in the bush and long grass and it's light enough so as not to bother me. I still carry it on a sling though which is probably why it doesn't bother me. I'll take a photo of it to put when I get a round tooit.

And that wasn't with the best rest. Can it do better? Doesn't matter, I can't shoot that far anyway.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master
    funnest pistol is a '60's vintage Ruger Standard Model 4". It shoots as well as my MKI and MKIV. Only .22 rifle is a Cooper which prints one hole groups regularly....As a boy, my first gun was a Browning A5 16 ga. second was a Model 94 30-30. The shotgun was Christmas 1960, the Winchester followed two years later. I was 50 when I got the Cooper, my first .22 rifle.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Master
    Remington 513SA bolt action sporter. With a USA Weaver T-10 mounted on it. I enjoyed it very much back in the days
    of South Dakota Prairie Dog hunts. Had kills out to as far as 165 yards. Used RWS Std Vel HPs .
    beltfed/arnie

My Stevens new model Favorite 30GM .22mag

Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , Stevens 200 .223

Boolit Bub
    Toss up between Marlin 39 lever or the hi standard supermatic trouphy. Both extremely accurate

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Here is the first two groups I shot with my Ruger American 22WMR standard at 100 yards. It’s a tack driver!

Vmax

Winchester 2250 fps tipped varmint ammo…

There’s a couple squirrels I shot the other day. The two head shots were at 60 yards and the big fox was a little over 100 yards running up a tree and I put the crosshairs weight on its nose and hit them behind the front shoulder. All freehand shots.

I installed an EGW rail on it so I can swap back and forth with nite vision. Never used the night vision scope but maybe someday?

Boolit Master
    2 definitions of fun 22 for me.
    Sit down and concentrate? Win 52 D, 1968 vintage. Absolute laser with Center X. Wooden match sticks at 50 yd laser.
    Just plain HOOT ! ? AR 22. Anderson lower, Tactical Solutions upper, Black Dog mags. Plinker extreme
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Mold
    My pick would be my Browning BL-22 Grade 1, which my dad bought me about 55 years ago. Cost $90.00. Today that same rifle would be $850.00.
    Still a tack driver after at least 50,000 rounds.

Here is my current funnest tacticool 22 rifle. I mentioned this one a few posts up but didn't have a photo at the time.

It wasn't my intention of making it tacticool but it just happened to end up that way as my night time varminting needs dictated. The two torches are because one wasn't bright enough and the laser is because up close and personal, the scope is too high plus it doesn't focus with my eyes up that close. It's short and light and a lot of fun!
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Quote Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
    Here is my current funnest tacticool 22 rifle. I mentioned this one a few posts up but didn't have a photo at the time.

It wasn't my intention of making it tacticool but it just happened to end up that way as my night time varminting needs dictated. The two torches are because one wasn't bright enough and the laser is because up close and personal, the scope is too high plus it doesn't focus with my eyes up that close. It's short and light and a lot of fun!
    Looks like something out of a Post Apocalyptic Zombie movie!
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    Looks like something out of a Post Apocalyptic Zombie movie!
    Mad Max's rifle.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast