Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: grand son and i had a cast bullet ball

Banned

grand son and i had a cast bullet ball

we went to camp and i took some handguns and ars. he flat fell in love with my 9mm ar15 oistol. its a braced 4.5 in gun with a sig romeo, a faxon barrel, American resistance bolt, a quick detach stock and a binary trigger. he went through of of the coffee can that shrunk from a 3 pounder full of 9mm. had 2 ar pistols in 556 with binary in them too. he shot them some too but loved the 9. thak goodness because if he went through that much 556 ammo it would have hurt the pocket book

Boolit Master
    The very next thing you and he need to do is have a bullet casting and reloading session. I don't know his age but he will get old enough some day that casting and reloading may not be fun or interesting to him. Get him in the habit now.

Banned

hes 15 and already casts and loads for his smith 15 and loads for his 243. both he got from grandpa. what he really wants is an ar15. but hes a bit on the wild side and has had a couple mild run ins with the law so i told whens hes old enough to own it legal.

My grandson went through my gun room and came out with an AR-15 in 300 BO with a suppressor, 2x7 scope and a cardboard box full of reloads with powder coated 230 grain cast subsonics. Grandpa, I have never shot a gun with a suppressor before. Well then, you just have at it. In short order about 5-600 loaded rounds disappeared, but not the big grin on his face. I did not expect it to be that accurate, yes sir, it will do 1/2" if you can hold it. Those grins and the comment are well worth the time spent casting and reloading.
    He moved from the Gulf Coast beaches up to Boston, of all places in the world, to take a position in computer security for a Fortune 500 company. He will be in for Christmas, should be interesting, going from an apartment in down town Boston, to a tree farm in the woods, in NW FL.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers