Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Percussion caps...any leads on where one could buy 100-1,000?

Boolit Buddy

Percussion caps...any leads on where one could buy 100-1,000?

Live in California and can not find any...anywhere. Found a couple sites, but they turned out to be bogus...one satellite search showed an empty lot next to an alley for the address. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Check with John at
    BACK CREEK GUN SHOP, INC
    863 Chestnut Grove Road * Winchester, VA 22603
    PHONE: (540) 888 3349 -
    E-MAIL: bcgsi@hughes.net

He is right next door to Ft. Shannondoah, in Winchester Va. When the NSSA has a function, he will have a line that stretches for several hundred yards.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    Check with John at
    BACK CREEK GUN SHOP, INC
    863 Chestnut Grove Road * Winchester, VA 22603
    PHONE: (540) 888 3349 -
    E-MAIL: bcgsi@hughes.net

He is right next door to Ft. Shannondoah, in Winchester Va. When the NSSA has a function, he will have a line that stretches for several hundred yards.
    Thanks for that. Knew I had been to a place a few years ago but couldn't remember the name. Happen to be heading to Winchester for my gf's doc appointment in about 30 mins.

I checked Scheels, since they have everything else - the closest Scheels with #11s in stock is in freaking Colorado Springs!

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Thanks for that. Knew I had been to a place a few years ago but couldn't remember the name. Happen to be heading to Winchester for my gf's doc appointment in about 30 mins.
    I hope you called in advance. John is a working farmer and only opens the shop when there are N-SSA activities going on or by appointment.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Saw some for sale at a local gunshow last week end. 17 bucks a hundred.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    I hope you called in advance. John is a working farmer and only opens the shop when there are N-SSA activities going on or by appointment.
    Turns out we had to go straight home anyway. She got a steroid shot in her back and was in a bit of pain. Thanks for the warning on calling in advance.

Boolit Buddy
    Local Dunhams Sports has 20 or so tins. 100 per tin I think. Their website say's
    $11.99 a hundred.

Boolit Mold
    Haven't seen a cap for sale in Arizona for over 3 years.

Last time I bought any in AZ, it was at Thunderstick, I think, and it was $25 for 100.

Boolit Master

Https://www.addictedtoblackpowder.com/back-powder/

My go-to black powder source has RWS caps in stock

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_ANTIDOTE View Post
    Live in California and can not find any...anywhere. Found a couple sites, but they turned out to be bogus...one satellite search showed an empty lot next to an alley for the address. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
    Last time I was in the store sportsman's warehouse had bunches on the shelf ?

I just make my own, the only place I look for caps is my reloading bench. The kit is affordable and it’s very simple to produce caps that work on my rifles and pistols.

Boolit Master
    If you hone the tip of a #11 nipple down a little bit you can use ring caps.Here they sell them in Dollar stores cheap. Little time consuming cutting them off ,but they will work.

Quote Originally Posted by jim 44-40 View Post
    If you hone the tip of a #11 nipple down a little bit you can use ring caps.Here they sell them in Dollar stores cheap. Little time consuming cutting them off ,but they will work.
    I could see how you could cut almost through the connecting plastic and be able to use it like a capper. Cap the nipple and pull to break it from the rest. This might not work with a revolver.

Boolit Master

Its pretty easy to make caps that work as well as commercial. There are several threads on how to make them. Here's one:

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ercussion+caps

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jim 44-40 View Post
    I had to do this during the first Obama Term when everything got hard to find. As soon as they became available again I bought 2k worth, and threw them in an ammo can. I only use them for my 32 cal Crockett rifle but it is my plinking and woods walking gun. As I use the caps I have replaced them, until the last 2-3 years where I haven’t found any, so I need to find some to replace what I have used. I want whichever one of my grandkids decide they like shooting the Holy Black when they get older to have a lifetime supply.
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

My brother picked some up for me at the Dunhams Sports in Fremont, NE. They were outrageously expensive $12. per hundred, but I am set for several years! I hope I can get my busy Grandson out shooting before our December muzzleloader season, here in Nebraska? hc18flyer

Boolit Master
    I am lucky.
    I have about 600 factory primers.
    I also make and use my own homemade primers caps.
    Now the new thing I am going to try this week is, I am going to modify a few of my nipples so they fit the Plastic Toy gun caps.
    I just happen to have lots of old and new nipples of three different thread sizes.
    I have seen it on the net.
    I am pretty sure that it will work well , and hopefully better than just using them for plinking.
    So far all I can see that you have to do , Is put the nipple in a rod coupler of the same thread as the nipple.
    Put the rod coupler in my drill motor.
    Then file down the diameter of the nipple tip , so it will accept the plastic Toy Caps.
    Many many years ago I use to use the toy caps to shoot homemade guns.
    But back then , I did not reduce the nipple shank.
    So the plastic cap fit on real tight and would sometimes not fire with the first strike of the hammer.
    I will let you guys know how those Toy Caps work.
    Those caps I can buy for about $2.00 for 70 caps.
    Probably a lot less if you buy in bulk.
    I bought those 600 factory caps over a 5 year period if I could find them.
    Plus limits of only 200 primers are sold at a time when they are in stock.
    Plus most primers that I did find were about $12.00 a hundred.
    Last edited by LAGS; 11-19-2023 at 09:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast