RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Ruger mark IV .177 air pistol have u tried one

Ruger mark IV .177 air pistol have u tried one

Just saw a Ruger Mark IV .177 air pistol. Anyone got one? If what do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2443189B-E763-48BE-BCB8-96156E58D175.jpg  

No, but I quickly found it was made by Umarex and sells at Pyramid air for about 55$.

At that price it might be tempting.

"The Ruger Mark IV Pellet Pistol combines the timeless style of the renowned series of handguns and the smooth shooting of a breakbarrel pellet gun into one appealing package. Capable of reaching velocities up to 360 FPS with .177 caliber pellets, it offers hours of enjoyment for plinking or target practice.

This air pistol takes many of its design elements from the popular firearm version, so the look and feel are instantly familiar to anyone acquainted with it. The single-shot airgun has a consistent single-stage trigger that gives shooters repeatable precision, which is aided by the rifled barrel for additional accuracy when shooting pellets.

The cocking mechanism operates in one stroke for added convenience, and the air pistol includes a manual/automatic thumb safety. The light weight and ease of cocking and pulling the trigger make this airgun ideal for use by beginning shooters or those looking for prolonged practice time without tiring their hands and arms.

To help yield accurate shots, this air pistol uses a fixed fiber optic front sight and an adjustable rear sight. In addition, the grip panels feature a smooth top portion with the Ruger logo and a checkered lower portion that helps to ensure a firm hold.

To get an air pistol version of a prominent firearm with attractive styling and easy and convenient operation that is usable by newcomers and experts alike for extended sessions of accurate target shooting and fun plinking, buy the Ruger Mark IV Pellet Pistol today at Pyramyd AIR."
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

A bit of product report. The pistol was on sale at Tractor Supply for $40. Could not resist at that price. Nicely made, nice feel to it. However has a horrendous heavy trigger pull. Estimate 10lbs or more. You think the safety is still on before it finally fires. Found some utube videos on doing a trigger job. Hope to get to that this weekend. Bottom line outa the box you’re not going to like it. If the tigger can be improved will be a dandy air gun.

Boolit Master
    I have one. It looks nice, but accuracy is NOT a quality it has.

Boolit Master
    ^ My Buckmark version was awful, too. Pellets sometimes falling gently to the ground 7 feet ahead of me or even sticking in the barrel.

I found the barrel was tight all the way down the entire 6" length, so after the brief acceleration phase, it was a toss up if the pellet would make it out the rest of the barrel.

After shortening the barrel to 3.1" and hot gluing it back into where it goes, the pellets exit at a consistent 275 fps and it will lob a pellet onto a quarter at 12 yards, pretty consistently.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Had the Ruger 1022 air rifle. It was really accurate. Sold it off because I never used it and grabbed my shot nitro piston Walther talon over it every time I saw a varmint.

Boolit Master
    I bought one of those myself at TS on sale.

It's not as accurate as any of my real Rugers,, but it sure is fun. Going to build an indoor trap just for indoor fun.

I did the trigger job on mine per the u- tube video I found. Not a tough job. Improved the trigger a bunch still too heavy but figure 4 lbs beats the heck out of 10 + a fun plinker. Not a target gun.

Boolit Bub
    I bought a Ruger pellet rifle years ago just because it was a Ruger. With the right pellets, I can nail a fly on a telephone pole at 40ft. It came with a scope of course.