MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 350 legend hunting load, cast

Been shooting the RCBS 200s for several decades in a few 35s. Found the 200 FN plain base double (discontinued by RCBS) powder coated, nose down, then sized to groove diameter using a case lube pad, works fine, without a gas check to 2,500 fps with no leading. They shoot sub 1/2" in a 12-20 twist barrel, as I have a 12, 14, 16 and a 20. In the small capacity cases I use H-110, medium capacity 1680 and large capacity, like the 35 Whelen 4350. But with the 350 L the straight case should load like the 357 Super Mag rifle, (Max) of which I have two.
    To try the 180 RCBS I recut the AR feed ramps which was a bust because the 180s were about 1/2 as accurate as the 200s.
    SAECO still makes the iron dual cavity RCBS 200 plain base moulds.They are the best for powder coating for accuracy and feeding that I have found for auto and bolt feeding. Just finishing a 358 Win cast bullet bolt gun for them. On a Mauser action.

The left is my 358 MGP for a AR-15 with a PCed 200 RCBS plain base. That does 2,491 fps with 1680 over my chronograph and shoots .43 inches at 100 meters. I do not worry about expansion. As the 200 hard cast is like a freight train, goes right out the off side, taking the lungs and heart with it.

Next is the new 358 Win
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6F40E832-C434-45C4-8E33-6D0BF6F5E42F.jpg   IMG_0550.jpg  
    Last edited by Rapier; 11-17-2023 at 05:12 PM.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Elpatoloco View Post
    Winchester ammo is now $33/box of 20 here for the power points. Thats the cheapest thing available besides the 147gr target loads. I set back 14 boxes of the power points when I bought the guns and ammo was cheap. I recently purchased 200 of the Hornady interlock 170s and a couple hundred of the 165 plastic tips. I wont run out of good deer ammo for it.
    Feral hogs are like roaches here. Not worth the $1.50 a pop for factory ammo. I'll shoot cast at them. I am liable to shoot upwards of 150 hogs a year when conditions are right.
    Gotta mention this. The FMJ is a soft one. Flattens pretty easy. Actually kills pretty good with some shots.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Lyman 179g SWC mold that while it's intended for revolvers, I think it would be a good boolit for the .350 Legend. I've been thinking about building my second AR15 in .350 Legend, I've heard they don't feed well in AR's...
    Hi, my name is Tony and I'm addicted to gunpowder.

AKA Geezerbiker

Quote Originally Posted by technojock View Post
    I have a Lyman 179g SWC mold that while it's intended for revolvers, I think it would be a good boolit for the .350 Legend. I've been thinking about building my second AR15 in .350 Legend, I've heard they don't feed well in AR's...
    Moving the magazine feed lips back a bit allows blunt bullets to feed.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rickt300 View Post
    Moving the magazine feed lips back a bit allows blunt bullets to feed.
    So you are saying a 358429 will feed, in your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Elpatoloco View Post
    So you are saying a 358429 will feed, in your experience?
    No, haven't tried any SWC Keith type bullets. I got this one to work pretty good but overall length is picky and nothing worked until I moved the front of the magazine lips back.

https://noebulletmolds.com/site/shop...vity-gc-brass/

This is the one I settled on. It says 220 grain but with the HP pins it is just at 204 grains gas checked. Great molds and good price.

https://www.mp-molds.com/product/mp-...p-hp-gc-2-cav/