Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Cast boolits for Hi Point 9mm Carbine advice needed

Boolit Buddy

Cast boolits for Hi Point 9mm Carbine advice needed

Hello,

My want of a Beretta Storm may have to backburner until next year. I may however be able to scrape together the funds to snag a Hi Point 9mm Carbine in the next 2 months.

Questions:

1. What cast boolit diameter works best in these? .358? .357? Tell me what have other casters used successfully here.

2. Has anyone used coated bullets in their Hi Points? If so what diameter and how did they perform?

I have a fair amount of .357 Coated bullets for my Beretta 92’s and Smith 3913 and 439. I also have an Arsenal 358242 that produces nice .358 conventionally lubed boolits for the Beretta’s and Smith’s.

I will eventually have a 9mm mold that will produce .356 boolits for my 9mm Kimber and other 9mm 1911’s.

So I can probably pair some of my 9mm casting inventory to suit the rifle without too much sweat. I am just curious what the forum members have been feeding their Hi Point 9mm carbines. I will of course feed the Carbine some factory 9mm hardball but I would rather not deplete my inventory too much.

Thanks,

Divil

A I use Ben's liquid lube (Alox) I don't coat.

B I had a Hipoint Pistol and a H&R handi rifle custom barrel that keyholed with anything smaller than .359.
    So I cast all my 9mm from a .38 special mold, the lee 125 gr. 3 to 4.5 grains of Red Dot works great in the carbines.
    I had 2, let my shooting buddy talk me out of one. Still have the other.

If it was me I would try the .358's first.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    I simplify my bullet inventory by buying only coated 0.358" (38) dia. bullets and push them thru a Lee bullet sizing die for 9mm if needed.
    Lee sells 0.356/0.357/0.358" dia. sizing dies and I own/use them all.

I try to only load (9mm) brass that has thinner walls to avoid chambering problems with the one tight chambered barrel I have. (9mm Storm Lake conversion barrel.)
    I own and shoot a High Point 9mm Carbine and have had no ammo problems to date, shooting ammo loaded as described.
    And with those Lee push thru sizers, I can tailor my reloads to any gun I have.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PupS.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	319920
    Here's those sizers:
    https://www.titanreloading.com/produ...t-sizing-kits/
    jmo,
    Last edited by Kenstone; 11-13-2023 at 12:01 AM.
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Buddy

I agree about the thinner walled 9mm brass for “chubby” 9mm boolits. All of my .357 coated and .358 conventional lubed (Thompson Red Angel btw) boolits go into Remington 9mm brass. This combo seems to work perfectly.

Boolit Master
    I just sold my Hi Point 995TS 9MM but NOE 359242 (120 gr) powder coated and sized .357 worked perfectly in it.
    COME AND TAKE IT
    Let’s Go Brandon!!!!

Boolit Master
    I have one of those carbines, and while I haven't shot it a lot, I can tell you, it doesn't care what you shoot, as long as it has enough oomph to cycle the action. I haven't worked out for accuracy, but it's plenty accurate for it's intent.
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience

Boolit Buddy

Thanks for the replies Gents.

I do have the Lee push through sizers in .357 and .358. The .358 is dirty from Alox coated boolits. The .357 is clean and intended to be used on boolits that will be coated with a finished sized of .358 in mind.

My first attempts with the Rifle (assuming I can get it) will be with Eggleston .357 sized 115 or 125 grain TC bullets in Remington Brass with Autocomp. My Beretta’s and Smith 9’s like these loads.

Next will be some .358 conventional lubed (Thompson Red Angel) 358242 round nose also in Remington Brass sitting on top of Unique.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenstone View Post
    I simplify my bullet inventory by buying only coated 0.358" (38) dia. bullets and push them thru a Lee bullet sizing die for 9mm if needed.
    Lee sells 0.356/0.357/0.358" dia. sizing dies and I own/use them all.

I try to only load (9mm) brass that has thinner walls to avoid chambering problems with the one tight chambered barrel I have. (9mm Storm Lake conversion barrel.)
    I own and shoot a High Point 9mm Carbine and have had no ammo problems to date, shooting ammo loaded as described.
    And with those Lee push thru sizers, I can tailor my reloads to any gun I have.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PupS.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	319920
    Here's those sizers:
    https://www.titanreloading.com/produ...t-sizing-kits/
    jmo,
    If that thing took Glock mags it would be a license to print money for the manufacturer.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.