Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Input on some new finds

Input on some new finds

I've found a nice source for powder. This fellow is located in Cheny (spelling?) Washington, not far from where my brother lives.

I met him two years ago at a gun show here in Idaho and he had fair prices of his stuff in the midst of the Covid insanity.

Bumped in to him earlier this year at a gun show and bought some more stuff.

I've got the flake pistol powder that I'm going to experiment with but I'm wondering if any of you wise sages have experience with any of this powder?

Very nice guy, his website is www.cdvs.us

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flake bulkPhoto-Apr-24-1-51-12-PM-scaled-e1588014325641-300x300.jpeg 
Views:	216 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	319810Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300BO correct-powder-label-300x300.jpeg 
Views:	219 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	319811Click image for larger version. 

Name:	223Photo-Oct-24-2023-12-33-48-PM-300x300.jpeg 
Views:	215 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	319812
    If your mind goes blank don't forget to turn off the sound!

Boolit Grand Master

With the normal GI pulldown surplus powder you can identify what powder it actually is. This appears to be pulldown powder from civilian? WC-844 Surplus Military Rifle Powder is what's used in the Lake City 5.56 military M193 ball, M855 penetrator, and M196 tracer rounds. I have used lots of WC-844. Glad I purchase a lifetime supply when it was available cheap.

https://www.cdvs.us/product/223-pull...owder-8-lbs-2/
    223 Pull down powder. Powder is out of 223 Ammunition, 55 grain, 62 grain and 62 grain Hollow Point. You will have to work up your own load for this powder.

Also cheaper options available, however, unless they take actual credit cards they may be scam sites.

https://fedarm.com/product/wc-844-po...fle-like-h335/

https://midwestreloads.com/product/w...ike-h335-16lb/
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 11-10-2023 at 11:06 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

I saw the fedarm earlier this week, kind of scared me away with all the lawsuit stuff. I definitely wouldn't mind having a 55 gallon drum of powder.

Boolit Master
    the price sure is good. and thanks for letting us know this is a legit source, with so many scammers out there these days

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    the price sure is good. and thanks for letting us know this is a legit source, with so many scammers out there these days
    I am warning that if they don't take actual credit cards the mostly likely are scammers. This is not directed at the OP's post. It is for the two links I posted.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 11-12-2023 at 07:30 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

I don't know about credit cards or not, I've only dealt with him at gun shows and when there I bring cash.

Boolit Master
    I went by his place/operation this spring, after that long CBI powder thread made the rounds here on CB. A nice guy, very straightforward to deal with.