Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lawmen Bass Reeves New Show

Lawmen Bass Reeves New Show

I just started watching this, and at least so far, (two episodes) I'm pretty pleased.

It's based upon the character of the somewhat famous lawman Bass Reeves, a black man in post civil war times.

Seems to have a Christian message to it, and so far hasn't been crazy political, racial, anti-gun, -- I haven't found anything to not like about it. I hope it stays that way. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master
    Bass Reeves was a very successful marshal. Just about always got his man. Stories about him using disguises. Don’t know how many are true, but he supposed to have once dressed as an old woman to get the bad guy. So far not to bad of a show. Time will tell.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Buddy
    I hope they keep it reasonably clean too. I watched the first 2 episodes of Yellowstone and turned it off, too much filth. Yellowstone could have been great. I hope they keep this show at a level I can continue to watch. Hell on wheels was great except they started pushing my limits of what I'll stand the last couple seasons.

Boolit Master

Yellowstone, it's a good bet that you won't see it shown on the Hallmark channel or BYUTV.

Boolit Buddy
    Western shows are for Eastern folk. Yeah, there is some "reality" to them but mostly fictional like the 'dime novels'. But, enjoy then for the entertainment value not the historical. As for 'filth', not a lot of washing up or teeth brushing occuring in the masses before the 1950's! Although some tribes did do the finger brush method!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master
    He was a deputy for Judge Parker in Ft. Smith.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    The wife and I watched the first shows, I got to admit, not too bad at all! We’ll watch till the agendas come into play, then I’ll turn it off too.
    Just my opinions, worth what ya paid.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Budzilla 19 View Post
    The wife and I watched the first shows, I got to admit, not too bad at all! We’ll watch till the agendas come into play, then I’ll turn it off too.
    Just my opinions, worth what ya paid.
    Yep.

Boolit Buddy
    We’re watching it also. Hope it stays as good as it is

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by trebor44 View Post
    Western shows are for Eastern folk. Yeah, there is some "reality" to them but mostly fictional like the 'dime novels'. But, enjoy then for the entertainment value not the historical. As for 'filth', not a lot of washing up or teeth brushing occuring in the masses before the 1950's! Although some tribes did do the finger brush method!

That kind of filth will come off with soap & water. The kind in Yellowstone that brokeasajoke was referring to, not so much.

I think that maybe today, they cut loose with a couple more episodes. I'm not real sure how it works. I'm seeing it on the Paramount App. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master

Watched it last night, enjoyed it.

Truthfully, as the trailer says, as much a bad guy as good guy. Parker wasn't a very good Judge either.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master

Watched the three posted episodes of Bass Reeves [appears a new one is posted every Sunday(?)], enjoyed them. As to the "filth" on Yellowstone, welcome to the real world. Not saying anyone has to watch it if it doesn't suit them. However, I would like to see "Beth" on the "View" for about 15 minutes..........
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Watched the three posted episodes of Bass Reeves [appears a new one is posted every Sunday(?)], enjoyed them. As to the "filth" on Yellowstone, welcome to the real world. Not saying anyone has to watch it if it doesn't suit them. However, I would like to see "Beth" on the "View" for about 15 minutes..........
    That would be worth watching- if the Aussie actress that plays Beth is like Beth in real life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Starting to get a little "soapy"!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master
    There is only 8 episodes of Bass Reeves. We have now watched 4 of those episodes, and will most likely watch all 8, but I must confess that we are not all that impressed with the show. Seems to be a bit dis-jointed. The writers could have done a better job.

Boolit Mold
    I just wish I could shoot that good! He doesn't even have to aim!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeSoprano View Post
    I just wish I could shoot that good! He doesn't even have to aim!
    Watching the opening segment of "Gunsmoke", it looks like Matt Dillon must be shooting at a bird up in the sky.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by brokeasajoke View Post
    I hope they keep it reasonably clean too. I watched the first 2 episodes of Yellowstone and turned it off, too much filth. Yellowstone could have been great. I hope they keep this show at a level I can continue to watch. Hell on wheels was great except they started pushing my limits of what I'll stand the last couple seasons.
    Yellowstone portrayed Montana folk as sociopathic killers, Dutton (Yellowstone ranch) cult members, and criminals who find ways to skirt and manipulate the laws. Rip was the heart throb of many female fans - forgiving Beth Dutton her frequent spoiled daddies girl indiscretions and taking people to the "Train station" to kill them. That John Dutton would sentence people to death for a breach in loyalty to the brand (read cult) is horrific.
    Not quite the image the Montana Tourist Board wants to present.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast