Load DataWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lawmen Bass Reeves New Show

Boolit Buddy
    Folks (business) in the Bitterroot Valley like that "Hollywood cash flow". No one native to Montana believed the Hollywood storyline! The 'show' has been cancelled, even though it tried to emulate "Dallas". Kevin is no Larry!

PS: Montana does have it's share of sociopathic killers, thanks to the Interstate.
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    Yellowstone portrayed Montana folk as sociopathic killers, Dutton (Yellowstone ranch) cult members, and criminals who find ways to skirt and manipulate the laws. Rip was the heart throb of many female fans - forgiving Beth Dutton her frequent spoiled daddies girl indiscretions and taking people to the "Train station" to kill them. That John Dutton would sentence people to death for a breach in loyalty to the brand (read cult) is horrific.
    Not quite the image the Montana Tourist Board wants to present.
    I told the Mrs that Yellowstone is the Soprano's out west.

Vendor Sponsor

I like the series. They are focused on telling a true to life lawman's story, independent of the "Hollywood" spin most tv productions get. To the extent that the writers and producers didn't want it attached to the purely fictional "Yellowstone" series so they developed the series on it's own.

The fact that the real Bass Reeves survived 32 years in his profession is a testament all to itself. Arrested over 3,000 criminals and killed 14 outlaws, and lived to tell the tales.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...ory-explained/
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    I like the series. They are focused on telling a true to life lawman's story, independent of the "Hollywood" spin most tv productions get. To the extent that the writers and producers didn't want it attached to the purely fictional "Yellowstone" series so they developed the series on it's own.

The fact that the real Bass Reeves survived 32 years in his profession is a testament all to itself. Arrested over 3,000 criminals and killed 14 outlaws, and lived to tell the tales.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...ory-explained/
    dont forget that not every arrest was violent, not every arrest went the way of the OK Corral, and not every "bank robbery" went the way of the wild bunch.

Boolit Master
    I was doing good till i got to episode 4 or 5 them I got all confused. I think I am going to go back to 3 and start over. Maybe this is the same as what another here mentioned about poor writers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12