Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: T/C Pro Hunter m/l 50 cal cast bullet recommendation ?

Boolit Mold

T/C Pro Hunter m/l 50 cal cast bullet recommendation ?

I bought a 50 cal tc inline ml with 209 primer cap. It works fine but the bullets are are almost $2.00 each. Is their a good cast bullet that I can use? i cast bullets all the time can I use any 50 call bullet? and should it be a gas check type?

In muzzle loading. I have a post with results I got with cast 50 cal. “My trip to the dark side is complete ”. Cast 450gr, sized to .501, felt wonder pad on top of 70gr real black powder. 2” ish group at 100yrds. Cheap and good enough for me.

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    You cant go wrong with these: https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...productId/5471 Or https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...productId/5472

HARVESTER 50c SABOT w/280 44c SOLID BULLET 20/b 6/c

HARVESTER 50c SABOT w/330 45c SOLID BULLET 20/b 6/c

Verel Smith of LBT made the molds for Harvester and also made a 330 gr DC mold for me. I buy my Harvester short black sabots from Graffs by the case.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by caseguy View Post
    i bought a 50 cal tc inline ml with 209 primer cap. It works fine but the bullets are are almost $2.00 each. Is their a good cast bullet that i can use? I cast bullets all the time can i use any 50 call bullet? And should it be a gas check type?
    have you tried these yet? BUT IN 50 CAL.??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 394623056_6100375299994645_3669827022494778349_n.jpg  

I have had very good results with the RCBS bullet designed for the 500 S&W in my TC fast twist Renegade. Cast from nearly pure lead, lubed with Bullshop's NASA lube, and they shoot fantastic. I size them to be a slip fit in the bore, .001" under bore diameter so they are easy to load. I do need to wipe between shots.

Boolit Grand Master

If you're going to use a sabot and push them at max load level for hunting then either the 300 - 310 gr .44 or 45 cal pistol bullets will do nicely. If you're going to use a bare cast lubed bullet then I suggest the 50 cal Maxi-Ball bullet out of either a TC mould or a Lyman mould. I use the Maxi Ball out of my TC Blk Mtn Magnum cast of 16-1 alloy loaded over triple seven 3fg for 1570 fps and excellent accuracy.

Six shots at 100 yards;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	019.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	504.1 KB 
ID:	319822
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla