Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else having problems at midwayusa?

Anybody else having problems at midwayusa?

Have been trying to search for some Lyman top punches but constantly get errors "server too busy" or other messages. Am wondering if I am the only one getting these errors.

Tom

Boolit Buddy
    Same here Tom

Boolit Master

Talking

I have been having the same problem, just keep backing up one page wait a few seconds and try again. That is what I have been doing, some times I have to do it 3 or 4 times.

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    Had that problem an hour ago on Midway USA's site. About 10 tries to get each page after multiple "server is too busy" messages. I guess everybody and his brother is buying gun stuff tonight......not a bad thing
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

Boolit Buddy

Same here. Have to hit the refresh button multiple times to get a page to load.
    Will Fly For Boolits

Count me in on this has been hey wire allweekend
    Ill be as nice as you let me and as mean as you make me, your Choice

Boolit Master
    Also had the problem. Just a busy site.

Boolit Buddy
    +1 - same problem

Exclamation Slow Elk 45/70

More of the same,,,server to busy to respond to bla, bla, I hope it is just people buying like there is no tomorrow, I know they are paying over new prices on all the dies and moulds on e-bay..more money than brains. I did not have the same problem @ midsouth or Graffs.

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    I received a message from Midway several days ago that they were about to ship a $2.09 back ordered item for $14.25. I e-mailed them the item # and asked them to cancel immediately as IT WAS ABSURD. The next day I got an e-mail that the item was charged and shipped. Potterfield has clearly joined the other side.

Do me once, my fault..................They will never do it again . Such GREED ! They just lost over a thousand $$ a year of business that will never come back to them. I was a customer for 25 years.

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

I have had the same problems in the last few days. Fewer problems this AM at 0415 Mountain time but still not fully functional. I wonder if the Obamanation's cyber technocrats are hacking these gun sites? The Lee Enfield forum is destroyed by a hacker(s).

Boolit Master

Everything i need is" server too busy" or "out of stock"soooooo a at least i got a pertial order filled at Graffs&Son.

GP100man

Moderator Emeritus

I've had this same problem off and on for past couple of weeks. I would have to guess it is server overload. I guess it is not just the local sporting goods stores who are having a field day with this.

Boolit Grand Master

Midway and Midsouth both SLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW. or not at all. Server too busy.
    All kind of error codes.

Boolit Master

Super sssssssllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Here is what I got today after contacting them (and just to clarify - I did not want to bash Midwayusa when asking the question, it was just me not being sure if I should look for a solution on my PC or my internet provider...):
    I want to start by apologizing for the delay in answering. Ever since the election my email box has been bursting at the seams and it is taking a while to get back to everyone. As for the website, we are currently rewriting a lot of the programming in an effort to speed things up, as well as updating the look of the website and enhancing the search function. We have also added an additional server to try and handle the traffic flow. I am aware of the problems and we are working on it. I appreciate your patience while we complete these upgrades. We are also available on the phone from 8-8 M-F and 9-5:30 on the weekends. You can dial 1-800-243-3220 and a member of the MidwayUSA family will be glad to help you find anything or place an order. Again, please accept my personal apology for the delay, and I assure you getting the website fixed is the highest priority project we are working on right now. As for the out of stock items it’s true, we are having trouble keeping items on the shelves, particularly reloading components and loaded ammunition. I think this is due to a combination of factors, including wartime demand for munitions that are made on the same assembly lines as commercial ammunition, the meteoric rise in raw materials that have raised ammunition prices so high that there is an influx of new reloaders buying more reloading equipment than the factories projected and the recent election that has a lot of shooters very concerned. Please accept my apology for the lack of stock, and I appreciate your patience as the supply lines catch up with demand.

Thanks for Your Business,

Larry Potterfield
    CEO
    MidwayUSA
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Master

Since January 20th, I have had server busy notices from many of the supplier and manufactures that we are interested in.

Midway has been very busy lately and I have a birthday discount coming up that I want to use.

Jerry
    Honor is a Way of Life

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    I also noticed the Server Busy message some this past weekend. I will have to say in Midway's defense that they are advising Out of Stock, No Backorder on almost all of the primers (and some other things) instead of stringing folks along waiting for months as some other vendors will do.

They don't have to do that and I give them credit for being up front about it.

Banned
    I had that problem for quite a while months ago. I finally called them and complained. They were nice but unhelpful.

More recently I've been having a similar problem with the Smith Collector's site. Finally called my internet provider and asked them to check. They said that they found a problem. One of the routers between me and that site was faulty. They couldn't figure out which one and couldn't do anything about it. So some days I just can not get there.

Boolit Master

You may not like the way things are right now but Midwayusa has been good to me again and got a part to me faster then I expected. they where out of it with backorder being allowed got it two days later then if they had had it in stock.
    I was talking with the manager at my local gunshop and he is friends with someone at a powder makers company and they are just gearing up to the demand for power. It takes 6-8 weeks to get a batch of powder from start to finish.
    I also ordered some bullets at Midwayusa and got it a day later then expected and they said they were sorry as they where trying to keep up with demand which isn't showing any signs of really slowing down real soon.
    So this is the new way of things until who knows when. What burns me is the increase in price on ammo from just a few months ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast