WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The First Earth Age, The Rebellion, The Flood

Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    I just used the link from my post #88 to pull the page, I don't know why the latter links don't work.
    Sons of God
    https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/...p0/t_conc_6002

Blueletterbible.org
    Gen 6:2
    That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Go to blueletterbible.org then search Gen 6:2 then go to TOOLS and pull up INTERLINEAR and it tells you who the Sons of God are from the original language.

Sons of God in Gen6:2 is not the same Sons of God John 1:12, Romans 8:14, one needs to look at the original language to understand who is being referred to everything else is just speculation.
    I've pretty much given up trying to point out to people why they really need to dig in and study.
    But I haven't given up totally.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by pmer View Post
    If you have add to the word or take away from the word for an assumption to make sense it probably won't stand up to the foundation of scripture. ioon44's answers are provided with supporting chapter and verse. Others mention books rejected by Hebrew and Christian scholars thought to introduce paganism into Christian teachings.

Evolution is a powerful and effective attack on not just our faith that was first taken on by Charles Spurgeon in England. I'm sure Bullinger is a respectable figure in history.
    The Law of Parsimony (Occam's Razor)

Not the be all, end all of problem solving but usually gets you to the center quicker and keeps one from going rabbit holes for weeks,months or even years.

Sometimes folks have so much time, effort and even $ invested in something that it is hard for them to let it go. Especially when there is a whole industry built on it. Have you ever tried to talk sense to a flat-earther?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358 View Post
    The Law of Parsimony (Occam's Razor)
    Sometimes folks have so much time, effort and even $ invested in something that it is hard for them to let it go. Especially when there is a whole industry built on it. Have you ever tried to talk sense to a flat-earther?
    I feel the same way when it comes to rapture theologies and Christian zionism.

A very good presentation by Dr. Heiser on understanding what the bible says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvjX...luZSBjb3VuY2ls

I don't know if Heiser ever did a presentation on why the time in the ark was made five months.
    Reckon I'll have to look and see!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    A very good presentation by Dr. Heiser on understanding what the bible says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvjX...luZSBjb3VuY2ls

I don't know if Heiser ever did a presentation on why the time in the ark was made five months.
    Reckon I'll have to look and see!
    I have heard others teach these two five months events are connected.

Revelation 9:5
    ESV
    They were allowed to torment them for five months, but not to kill them, and their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it stings someone.

Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    I have heard others teach these two five months events are connected.

Revelation 9:5
    ESV
    They were allowed to torment them for five months, but not to kill them, and their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it stings someone.
    Yes sir, me too.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456