Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The First Earth Age, The Rebellion, The Flood

Dr. Michael Heiser did a good work in studying the matter and published much for us before going home.

Thomas did a good job and published his work.

As did Alberino.

People who examine scripture and have had the abilities granted them to help us understand are treasures to be esteemed.
    Last edited by Good Cheer; 12-06-2023 at 08:05 AM.

Boolit Master
    Yes, a really good study. So much of the Church try to ignore the Supernatural and rely on man's ideas and programs.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Dr. Michael Heiser did a good work in studying the matter and published much for us before going home.

Thomas did a good job and published his work.

As did Alberino.

People who examine scripture and have had the abilities granted them to help us understand are treasures to be esteemed.
    2 Peter 1:20
    20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. (You really do not need anyone to interpret scripture for you, that is always a recipe for dropping down rabbit holes)

John 14-26
    26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (The Holy Ghost is the best fact checker and teacher)

1 John 2:27
    27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. (teachers, pastors, best selling authors can be insightful and sometimes encouraging... when they are preaching straight out of the book but all pale in comparison to the Holy Spirit.)

Cheer,
    I enjoy your post and respect you as a brother in Christ and am certain that you know the above stated positions.

I turn to YouTube videos or best selling authors for entertainment but never to form a definitive opinion on doctrine. stated differently, if you had only 100 hours reading time left on this earth... how would you split up that time between the Bible and books written by men on their opinion on what the bible says?
    Personally I would use 100% of the time reading the Bible and wouldn't waste 1 second on mans opinion on the matter.
    With that being said, back to the subject at hand... what scripture would you point to with regards to fallen angels making babies with human woman... for or against?

Boolit Master
    Yes, indeed, modern religion ignores the Miraculous.
    The Work of the Holy Spirit is Miraculous every day,
    saving souls every day, reminding us of the Truth.

We get obsessed by cause and effect because we are stuck in the world.
    Miraculous is dismissed, denied as luck, fate, co-incidence, or by a reasonable explanation.
    For me, I am amazed by prayers answered.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post
    Miraculous is dismissed, denied as luck, fate, co-incidence, or by a reasonable explanation.
    This deserves an AMEN!

God doing for us, what we can't do for ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358 View Post
    2 Peter 1:20
    20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. (You really do not need anyone to interpret scripture for you, that is always a recipe for dropping down rabbit holes)

John 14-26
    26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (The Holy Ghost is the best fact checker and teacher)

1 John 2:27
    27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. (teachers, pastors, best selling authors can be insightful and sometimes encouraging... when they are preaching straight out of the book but all pale in comparison to the Holy Spirit.)

Cheer,
    I enjoy your post and respect you as a brother in Christ and am certain that you know the above stated positions.

I turn to YouTube videos or best selling authors for entertainment but never to form a definitive opinion on doctrine. stated differently, if you had only 100 hours reading time left on this earth... how would you split up that time between the Bible and books written by men on their opinion on what the bible says?
    Personally I would use 100% of the time reading the Bible and wouldn't waste 1 second on mans opinion on the matter.
    With that being said, back to the subject at hand... what scripture would you point to with regards to fallen angels making babies with human woman... for or against?
    Firstly Genesis 6, settle in your mind who the sons of God are and take off on your studies from there. Have fun looking at the Emim, the Horim, the Zamzummim, Rephaim, the Anakim. Then once you admit into your own reality that the seed war is still in progress then well, it just is.

It appears there's misunderstanding in the minds of some about commentary resources. People who have devoted much time to the study of scripture (and with they themselves standing on the shoulders of previous scholars) know more than someone who sits with any one translation of scripture. And, any translation of scripture is itself a commentary and likely as not influenced by politics here and above. For anyone wanting to avoid being deceived it is incumbent upon them to dig deeply, to pay attention to the work of those who have gone before them, to seek acceptable translations, to examine the meanings of words and their root words, to pay attention to the subject and the object in sentences, to pay attention to the context of what was said at the time it was said and decide for themselves what to believe. What to believe not just about the text and the meaning of individual passages but what one is to believe about the whole body of knowledge. Including Enoch via Jude.

OK, that said...
    I've found Bullinger's 1922 Edition of the 1611 with Appendices to be a wonderful study tool, right along with the Green's Hebrew-Greek-English Interlinear bible and the James Strong's (1822-1894) Exhaustive Concordance containing every occurrence of each word in order along with dictionaries of the original Hebrew Old Testament and Greek of the New Testament. Taken together those comprise an awesomely authoritative triumvirate and I'd advise anyone tackling the job of learning about the bible and checking on what teachers say to get those resources.
    Last edited by Good Cheer; 12-06-2023 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post
    Yes, indeed, modern religion ignores the Miraculous.
    The Work of the Holy Spirit is Miraculous every day,
    saving souls every day, reminding us of the Truth.

We get obsessed by cause and effect because we are stuck in the world.
    Agreed sir. Seeing prayers answered is wonderful. Experiencing intervention is wonderful.

Boolit Buddy

Firstly Genesis 6, settle in your mind who the sons of God are and take off on your studies from there. Have fun looking at the Emim, the Horim, the Zamzummim, Rephaim, the Anakim. Then once you admit into your own reality that the seed war is still in progress then well, it just is.(Who do you think the Sons of God are?)

It appears there's misunderstanding in the minds of some about commentary resources. People who have devoted much time to the study of scripture (and with they themselves standing on the shoulders of previous scholars) know more than someone who sits with any one translation of scripture. And, any translation of scripture is itself a commentary and likely as not influenced by politics here and above. For anyone wanting to avoid being deceived it is incumbent upon them to dig deeply, to pay attention to the work of those who have gone before them,(1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.) to seek acceptable translations, to examine the meanings of words and their root words, to pay attention to the subject and the object in sentences, to pay attention to the context of what was said at the time it was said and decide for themselves what to believe. What to believe not just about the text and the meaning of individual passages but what one is to believe about the whole body of knowledge. Including Enoch via Jude. (this seems to dispute 1 John 2:27? keep in mind... I am NOT anti-teachers or scholars... Actually one of the BEST quotes I have read on this forum was when you said that a Person can torture scripture into saying just about anything, or something to that effect)

OK, that said...
    I've found Bullinger's 1922 Edition of the 1611 with Appendices to be a wonderful study tool, right along with the Green's Hebrew-Greek-English Interlinear bible and the James Strong's (1822-1894) Exhaustive Concordance containing every occurrence of each word in order along with dictionaries of the original Hebrew Old Testament and Greek of the New Testament. Taken together those comprise an awesomely authoritative triumvirate and I'd advise anyone tackling the job of learning about the bible and checking on what teachers say to get those resources.
    That is an impressive list of books, but my question to you was...
    "what scripture would you point to with regards to fallen angels making babies with human woman... for or against?"

If you would rather not or are not comfortable committing to a "for or against" position and share what specific scripture took you to that place. Just declare such, that would be fine... but listing off a very impressive list of books as your bona fides without specifics seems kinda of like a silly dodge.

That is an impressive list of books, but my question to you was...
    "what scripture would you point to with regards to fallen angels making babies with human woman... for or against?"

If you would rather not or are not comfortable committing to a "for or against" position and share what specific scripture took you to that place. Just declare such, that would be fine... but listing off a very impressive list of books as your bona fides without specifics seems kinda of like a silly dodge.
    As said, Genesis 6. I didn't understand that you intended to inquire as to whether I was for or against something. What you wrote was a question as to a scriptural reference concerning the rebellious (fallen) making babies with women. That's why I gave you the answer of Genesis 6 with the advice to start there and then expand your studies. I think you'll find that once you decide who you are going to declare the sons of God to be then your path will be set and what you chose will determine how you read and comprehend various other parts of scripture. As for myself I understand that the rebellious sons of God came down to Earth and did create offspring with human women. And it was not a one time thing.
    As for your demanding answers and calling a conversation a silly dodge... perhaps a mild laxative would help you.

Boolit Buddy

As said, Genesis 6. I didn't understand that you intended to inquire as to whether I was for or against something. What you wrote was a question as to a scriptural reference concerning the rebellious (fallen) making babies with women. That's why I gave you the answer of Genesis 6 with the advice to start there and then expand your studies. I think you'll find that once you decide who you are going to declare the sons of God to be then your path will be set and what you chose will determine how you read and comprehend various other parts of scripture. As for myself I understand that the rebellious sons of God came down to Earth and did create offspring with human women. And it was not a one time thing.
    As for your demanding answers and calling a conversation a silly dodge... perhaps a mild laxative would help you.
    That last part was a bit weird and uncalled for...apparently I have offended you, that was not my intention.

With regards to Genesis 6, back on post #56 I gave my position with 4 different solid supporting scriptures (John 1:12, 1 John 3:1-2, Romans 8:14, Philippians 2:14-15) that tells us what "the sons of God" is... Godly righteous men, NOT demonic fallen angels!

also one supporting scripture (Hebrews 1:4-5) That tells us what "the sons of God" is not... angels fallen or otherwise

I wasn't Demanding anything... I gave my position and supporting scripture on how I got there and was inquiring your position and what scripture got you there. Just a simple exchange of ideas with supporting scripture.

If my robust insensitive pursuit of ideas and supporting scripture came off as demanding or insulting... my apologies

Consider this...
    Christ (God Almighty) while in flesh here on earth didn't teach or even mention demons procreating with human woman
    Paul the Apostle (Hebrew of Hebrews, likely one of the most well studied man of his time) didn't teach or mention it

OK folks.

Keep in mind, the lock feature will work on this thread too.........
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy

Copy That

Boolit Master
    That last part was a bit weird and uncalled for...apparently I have offended you, that was not my intention.

With regards to Genesis 6, back on post #56 I gave my position with 4 different solid supporting scriptures (John 1:12, 1 John 3:1-2, Romans 8:14, Philippians 2:14-15) that tells us what "the sons of God" is... Godly righteous men, NOT demonic fallen angels!

also one supporting scripture (Hebrews 1:4-5) That tells us what "the sons of God" is not... angels fallen or otherwise

I wasn't Demanding anything... I gave my position and supporting scripture on how I got there and was inquiring your position and what scripture got you there. Just a simple exchange of ideas with supporting scripture.

If my robust insensitive pursuit of ideas and supporting scripture came off as demanding or insulting... my apologies

Consider this...
    Christ (God Almighty) while in flesh here on earth didn't teach or even mention demons procreating with human woman
    Paul the Apostle (Hebrew of Hebrews, likely one of the most well studied man of his time) didn't teach or mention it
    sons of God

https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/...p0/t_conc_6002

Consider this...
    Of course He didn't.
    Learn what demons are versus sons of god.
    As said before, settle in your mind what the sons of God are and that will set your path.

Boolit Buddy

As for myself I understand that the rebellious sons of God came down to Earth and did create offspring with human women. And it was not a one time thing.
    Of course He didn't.
    Learn what demons are versus sons of god.
    As said before, settle in your mind what the sons of God are and that will set your path.
    So are "the Rebellious" that you refer to above part of the fallen angels that followed Lucifer on his path to destruction... Or are these some other creatures?

I think they are some of the angels spoken of in Jude.

Boolit Buddy

I think they are some of the angels spoken of in Jude.
    Jude 1:6
    6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

I am struggling with the difference between Fallen angels and demons... Are they not one in the same?

I always thought the demons were just meaner and evil compared to fallen angels.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Banned
    The last couple of weeks there's been a flurry of articles from the infotainment industry about Noah's ark possibly being found. Aren't they looking at the same thing Ron Wyatt published on years and years ago?

Looking forward to any published results rather than fluff.
    thats a normal thing done on the news reels. Its done to help them look ... non denominational, and non hostile to religion.

ironically there is massive proof of a huge ancient flood all over the world.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    I always thought the demons were just meaner and evil compared to fallen angels.
    I've often thought of some of the folks up in DC like that.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast