Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: ISO: Case Lube Pads

ISO: Case Lube Pads

I don't know, maybe I'm the only old guy that still uses one of these. Any way, is there some source for just the new pads (or material to cut your own)? Seems like my very first one was a metal tin & the pad had a cloth cover (maybe just my memory playing tricks on me.) I guess the pad has to not interact with the lube.
    Attachment 319562
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Buddy
    Dollar Store ink pads???

Boolit Master

I use the same RCBS Rolling Pad as depicted in your post.

I had some "Left Over" underlayment that I have used as a larger pad for spraying large quantities of Brass or .22LR Brass that I am about to size down to make Jackets for .224 Bullets. It has the same texture but is about 50% thinner than the RCBS pad is.

Although it is Orange; I believe Home Depot carries the same/similar product; although it's in larger rolls.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/FloorMuf...4049/204077418

1. I would check with RCBS and see if you can get a new pad through them.

2. I have cleaned my RCBS pad several times over the last 40 years by using a plastic flat scraper; then some Dawn Dish soap. Resulted in a much improved pad.

3. I would check and see if there are smaller pieces at a Big Box store; through a floor installer, or....
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Grand Master
    I no longer use a case lube pad, I did not like how heavy a layer of lube was deposited on the cases after adding a bit of lube. I now use Imperial sizing die wax, I like it better and I think it even lowered my blood pressure.

Anyway the last time I tried a new lube pad, I used an ink stamp pad from an office supply store. Tin box, cloth covered pad. It did work as well as the RCBS pad.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by pertnear View Post
    I don't know, maybe I'm the only old guy that still uses one of these. Any way, is there some source for just the new pads (or material to cut your own)? Seems like my very first one was a metal tin & the pad had a cloth cover (maybe just my memory playing tricks on me.) I guess the pad has to not interact with the lube.
    Attachment 319562
    I have two brand new RCBS pads in my shop. Send me a PM and we can discuss one of them sir.
    Edit,
    OP send me a shipping address and I have a new one I will give you sir.
    Last edited by Postell; 11-04-2023 at 08:33 PM.

Boolit Master

My best ever pad was a cloth covered uninked ink pad.
    I don`t know where you would find one .
    Most of them come with black ink.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    My best ever pad was a cloth covered uninked ink pad.
    I don`t know where you would find one .
    Most of them come with black ink.
    https://www.admitoneproducts.com/Acc...081c940d65d6ad

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=un-inked+...b_sb_ss_fb_1_8
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer