Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Mossberg 590 A1?

Boolit Bub

Mossberg 590 A1?

Hi y'all

We are shoppin around for a used Mossberg 590.

Maybe even a A1 or a retrograde or?

Not really interested in "like new" or whatever.
    The thing will get used and do a fair amount of rattlin around in a jeep.

Would be willin to buy one with 2 or more barrels or, may be in the market for another barrel or two when we get a 590.

Pease let us know what you want to let go of and maybe we can make a deal

Thank you for your time

Liz.
    "The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Boolit Buddy

Not discussion but just informational for you to make an informed decision the 590A1 came with both a plastic or metal trigger guard/fire control housing. GL on your endeavour!

Boolit Bub

Thank you

We thought all of the A1's came with a metal trigger housing.

How can one tell from lookin at the pictures?

Thank you for your wonderful insight into our plight
    "The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."

Boolit Buddy

Its injection molded with a small seam along the exterior bottom of the trigger guard. It's pretty easily visable.

Boolit Buddy

I've been searching for a steel replacement for mine with no luck!

Boolit Master

Don't forget some come with a bayonet lug!

Boolit Bub

Yeah!

We think that would be really cool too!

If it has a sling swivel on it?

Would that interfere with changing barrels for ducks and deer and?
    Last edited by Arctic Blues; 11-03-2023 at 10:08 AM.

Boolit Master
    I used to have one years ago, still kinda miss it. But I still have a Maverick 88 18.5" that I'm quite pleased with, and was about a third the price... But if I'm being candid I shoot my 500 in 16ga with a trimmed down barrel (I had the barrel shortened to 19" from the original 28") and pistol grip more than the Maverick 88.

So, as best I can tell the early 590s are the ones that had the steel trigger guard. I was under the impression they all had bayonet lugs, but I suppose it could be just the A1s.

That said, the only extra barrel I have is off a Shockwave. I'm not sure about the compatibility, and it would still need the magazine tube and endcap. But if you're interested I might be able to dig it out. You'd obviously need to SBR it before using it though...
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Bub

SBR?

IDK much about it however, I think it might be illegal to use a shockwave BBL with a long stock?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Blues View Post
    SBR?

IDK much about it however, I think it might be illegal to use a shockwave BBL with a long stock?
    I meant SBS... You'd have to Form 1 the shotgun to register it as a short barreled shotgun. Which isn't too bad of a process, my last Form 1 took about two weeks. But that said, I took a look this evening. If I still have that barrel, I'm not sure where it's at....
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!