Load DataWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 22 ammo?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    When prices hit .04-.05 per round, I loaded up each time it bounced that low. In the meantime I got old and lost my wife of 56 years, so I don't think I've shot a single round in the last year and a half.
    Sorry for your loss. I did the same when it was around four cents plus. Have more than I can shoot but my son and my future grandkids (maybe someday) and my gf's grandkids can shoot them.
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    dont know about cheep but if you need it you had better buy what you can at whatever the price because soon you will not find it at all
    Wise words.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    I'm seeing more on-line prices around $30 per 500 but they are still the exception rather than the rule. I rarely go to gunshops because of all the grumpy men and know-it-alls that hang around there plus having a FFL, I can usually buy cheaper anyhow. Ammo is one area where it's hard to save much though because of shipping in smaller quantities. I think if I didn't already have say 5,000 rounds I'd be buying it at the best prices I could find with all this world wide unrest and the threat of another biden term. Of course, if a Republican gets in the White House the bottom could fall out and guns and ammo would go cheap again but betting on that with no stockpile takes more nerve than I have.

There are a bunch of sites selling at $.05/rd right now. It is the time to buy if you don't have much. I plan on stocking up for 4yrs of famine anymore and just bought a case of my favorite flavor. Deals below.

https://gun.deals/category/ammo?cali...show_expired=1
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , Stevens 200 .223

Boolit Master
    Brownell's had a good sale on Federal AM a couple of months ago; just less than $190 for qty.3250 including shipping. Anybody still sucking wind, sorry I don't know what to tell you at this point.

Gotta watch shipping price online. I found Aguila for $1.83/50bx from the links I posted above and put a case in the cart. Shipping was $132. Get serious--good grief!

Boolit Master

Since 2012 end of the world ammo shortage I have rarely been using .22 rimfire other then to train a new shooter or do some pistol practice. If I see it in bulk at a reasonable price I buy it and am past 3000 rounds . I really should shoot the older stuff up I have one box of 550 unopened from around Y2K ! I have about 400 .22 magnum as well . The .22 magnum even from a pistol packs a punch I have a feeling it would be a better stopper then the .380 auto.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    targetsportsusa.com Aguila SV or HV is $120 + tax delivered for 2000 rds.(40 boxes) In today's world, pretty hard to beat. I have had excellent results with Aguila 22 LR, especially the SV.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    outdoor limited has case of 5000 for $259 free shipping

5 cents each is cheaper than primers.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    ive really come to like the armscor rimfire ammo, first tried it because of availability and low cost after the big Obama shortage era. its just as good as Amy other bulk pack ammo in the guns ive shot it though

Boolit Master
    Back when Obama took office, and after the Sandy Hook tragedy, 22 rimfire was straight up unavailable for years. Stinking "flippers" kept it that way for a long time too. I remember once when at work we needed a pretty large sized metric impact socket for an equally large sized piece of highway equipment. Me and a co-worker went to a truck parts and tool supplier in town to see if they had what we needed. When we got there I asked the counter guy about the jumbo sized metric impact socket, and he said he'd check in the back room. While he was gone I noticed that there was 1 single box of Federal Automatch 22lr on the counter with a "for sale" sign. At this point I hadn't seen 22lr for sale anywhere for over a year. When he returned from the back room he told us what we already knew; they didn't have it in stock. I pointed to the box of Automatch and said "You've got 22's for sale?" The counter guy said "Yep, that's $100". Then he asked if we wanted to see about ordering the part we needed and I said "no thanks" , and we walked out. That guy who was gouging people never knew how badly he just screwed himself. At the time I was a purchasing agent for the State of California with a $5000 dollar daily limit on my own authority, and up to $35,000 with authorization. We ended up spending over 1.5 million upgrading that pavement testing equipment, but he didn't get a dime of it. When you're honest you get rewarded, when you cheat people you just end up cheating yourself.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    5 cents each is cheaper than primers.
    With that same sentiment, watch for loaded ammo deals. Found some where the loaded ammo was significantly cheaper than a j word bullet would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by 405grain View Post
    Back when Obama took office, and after the Sandy Hook tragedy, 22 rimfire was straight up unavailable for years. Stinking "flippers" kept it that way for a long time too. I remember once when at work we needed a pretty large sized metric impact socket for an equally large sized piece of highway equipment. Me and a co-worker went to a truck parts and tool supplier in town to see if they had what we needed. When we got there I asked the counter guy about the jumbo sized metric impact socket, and he said he'd check in the back room. While he was gone I noticed that there was 1 single box of Federal Automatch 22lr on the counter with a "for sale" sign. At this point I hadn't seen 22lr for sale anywhere for over a year. When he returned from the back room he told us what we already knew; they didn't have it in stock. I pointed to the box of Automatch and said "You've got 22's for sale?" The counter guy said "Yep, that's $100". Then he asked if we wanted to see about ordering the part we needed and I said "no thanks" , and we walked out. That guy who was gouging people never knew how badly he just screwed himself. At the time I was a purchasing agent for the State of California with a $5000 dollar daily limit on my own authority, and up to $35,000 with authorization. We ended up spending over 1.5 million upgrading that pavement testing equipment, but he didn't get a dime of it. When you're honest you get rewarded, when you cheat people you just end up cheating yourself.
    I have avoided the gun shops who were doing the same and make sure people know who they are. I was at a flea market during this time and someone had .22LR on a table with no prices. I asked the price and it was scalper price. I just said "OK" and walked away. The vendor started yelling at me "Yeah, just walk away! See if you find it somewhere else!" Unbelievable.

Boolit Master
    I have been paying about 10 cents around for CCI standard velocity, the cheaper loads are significantly less. Some of specialty loads are a bit more.
    It appeared to be going down prior to the Israeli x Gaza war. I buy it 5,000 round lots. I will try and get some after new years.
    I shoot about 5,,000 plus rounds a year.

The Bass Pro Shop near me has a 22 rimfire aisle and there is a similar aisle for 9 MM / 223. I stocked up when President Bush was in office so I am good for a long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12