Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ? for those that use LLA

Boolit Bub
    I never clean off the excess. I like extra lube so as to keep the barrels more lead free. I routinely clean all my dies, so they are not crudded up.

Boolit Master
    The question has been posed, is there any negative to too much LLA. This thread has many answers, including the odor of burning dog hair.

But is there any positive to using more than enough LLA? I doubt there's any significant benefit from any lube that does not find its way into either a lube groove or back of the bullet. Lube blowing and burning up out the barrel before the bullet seals doesn't help very much. Lube getting scraped off in the leade of the barrel and burning up behind the bullet also doesn't help very much. It's lube that is in the groove that melts and sprays with any microleak past the bullet.

I try to fill the lube grooves with LLA. TL grooves can be filled pretty well, with the right technique. I haven't found a good way to do that with normal lube grooves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12