RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, October 27

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, October 27

Good morning all. Interesting thought for today, and question. Have a safe and blessed day.

The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.
    —1 John 2:17

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

So much of what we pursue is fleeting. Once we acquire it, we try to preserve it! Why? Because we know it will soon be gone. God has promised us that just as he is eternal and will live forever, so are those who pursue a relationship with him and are committed to his will. So, let's look at how we spend our time, money, and effort. Then, let's ask if what we are pursuing is really worth having. Now, let's ask one more important question: "Even if it is worth having, is it going to last long enough to make a difference?"

My Prayer...

Eternal Father, please give me the courage to be honest about what I am pursuing with my life. I want it to count for your cause. I want to make a difference for good. Some of that desire, I confess, is self-serving. However, dear Father, I truly want to have a life that impacts others for good and brings you honor. I don't want to waste my time chasing after things that won't last or matter. Please give me the spiritual wisdom to follow your will and find your life rather than pursue my culture's vain values. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, a great message today.