Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Got Lotsa Range Salvage

Escapee from The People's Republik of Kalifornia - Now in AZ, "Where Free Men Live!"

Got Lotsa Range Salvage

Years ago I learned that the Commerce, CA indoor police range sold scrap lead.

I brought home about 2500# of bullet trap salvage a bit at a time in my Hewlett-Packard company station wagon.

~~~~~~
    I borrowed a 125# natural gas fired pot from a friend, and made all manner of 6.5# ingots from that range salvage.

There was about a 10% loss due to oxides, and other sh**e, when reducing the scrap to ingots.

I had about 3000# of range salvage before I left for Arizona (WHERE FREE MEN LIVE!)

I sold half of that range salvage before I left CA, and still have a lifetime supply of old school wheel weights, FOUNDRY TYPE, and range salvage.

Life be good!

Arthur Greene of Beverly Hills was my main source for foundry type and other alloying metals.

Arthur also taught me how to compute the quantities of the alloying metals in a melt.

Arthur is long gone, and I still have perhaps 120# of foundry type left, which is what I bought from him.

By and by I expect that my cache of metals is sufficient to last the rest of my life.

If not? I will certainly be able to afford premium ingots of such?

~~~~~
    I wrote a Visual Basic program to help me understand how to alloy bullet metals.

The work was based upon Arthur Green's equations which the man gifted me.

If you would like to have it, the link follows.

~~~~~
    If you think I am screwing around with 'yall, download it and have your AV stuff check it for problems BEFORE you install it??

This is truly useful software, my friends. It has a most minor footprint on your computer.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/ciuo4...tzukjx004&dl=0

~~~~~
    File this one under, "Life Be Good!"

Last edited by pcmacd; 10-25-2023 at 10:04 PM. Reason: clarity
    Kalifornia passes "feel good" legislation hand over fist, legislation that is looking for a problem to solve and affecting only law abiding persons.

So, after 40 years of that nonsense, that's why I now live in Arizona.

Moderator Emeritus

Thank you. Arthur Green was a genius and I remember our phone calls with pleasure.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze