WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Recently made Winchester 1885 falling-block

Boolit Mold

Recently made Winchester 1885 falling-block

So how many of you are shooting one of the recently produced Winchester 1885s made by Miroku? What do you think of it? Is yours accurate? I know it's beautiful. I read a post somewhere where a guy said the his could out-shoot his original Winchester 52-D. That's quite a claim. I can do one ragged hole at 45 yards with mine~!

Boolit Buddy
    I love mine , don't have an original to compare to but mine handles all I have fed it up to 400 gr paper patched out to 200 yards.

Boolit Master

Like Fitz, I don't have an original to compare mine to, but It is very accurate with the 457483 at about 1550'/sec.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    Mine is amazingly accurate. It will put five Rem JSP 405g bullets in one ragged hole with about any powder I use with it. The quality of workmanship from Miroku is outstanding.

The OP means a ''Low Wall'' .22rf I believe. I'd like to have one, a single shot falling block type .22 is something I don't have among my .22rf rifles. Got all other actions covered.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1020 (2).jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	319292i have a browning 1885 low wall in .260, a very good shooter and very light.

I purchased one last year in 22LR. It’s a great rifle. I will be shooting it tomorrow. I lightened the trigger pull by replacing the trigger return spring.
    DRB #2276 President's Hundred 2021

Boolit Master

Can't help you on the rimfire aspect, but I have been down the rabbit hole checking bore and chamber slugs on two Mirokus - one, a Model 71 in .348 Winchester, and the other a globe-sighted 1885 High Wall target gun in .32-40. The .348 exhibited throating that bang-on matched Accurate Molds bullet designs quotes as being designed for the caliber - presumably blueprinted off original Winchesters. The .32-40 ended up being my Pop's most accurate cast bullet gun up to that date. High quality goods in either case.

I would therefore expect great things of a Miroku smallbore. As to how one will keep up with a true target bolt action will likely be a matter of ammo selection and technique.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.