Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWideners
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you own a gun that has killed someone?

Quote Originally Posted by pete501 View Post
    You often hear the phrase or seen a bumper sticker; "My gun has killed less people than Ted Kennedy's Car" (he's been sober now for over 20 years)

I was thinking about this, and only my military rifles may or may not be in this category, I wouldn't know but I would hope so.

Then I thought of retired police guns, probably very few police have even drawn theirs let alone taken a life.

But how about the relative that used a gun to end their own life. Often family will surrender the firearm when this happens.

What is your story?
    If you think it is the gun, I guess you have a problem, I on the other hand think it is more on the guy behind the trigger, justified or unjustified.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I had a 1916 DWM Berin Gew 98 , right source and time .
    I have 1866 Chessipot with an 1871 issue stamp ... Might have been in action in one of the border disputes circa 1871-1884 .
    Had a type 38 Arisaka built in 1927 and a type 99 made in 1945 . A definite maybe in both counts .
    Had a 41' Terni Carcano that was most likely to have if any of them did .
    The 11/43 1903A3 was a definite no .
    I doubt any of the 1917s even the "Not English made" stamped saw anything like that .
    About everything else I've had were safe queens from shortly after birth .

Hogs,deer, fowl , many lives , hominids not so much.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    I have several WWII rifles with unknown background. I have a M8 Rem in 30 Rem that my dad believes was used in a suicide. He loaned this rifle to a friends 13 year old son who was with him and a few others on a hunting trip. The boy left camp after saying he would not be going out that day but changed his mind about a half hour after the last of the others had left camp. He told the camp cook that he would catch up with the last hunter that had left camp. His remains, missing the skull, and the rifle, were found by another hunter 7 years later several miles from the hunting camp. The semi auto rifle holds 5 rounds but only had 4 in it when found and the safety was off. Dad figured that the boy shot himself after becoming hopelessly lost. Several years later at about 12, I used that rifle to take my first deer.

Boolit Master
    Impossible! Guns don’t kill people, people kill people! A gun is an inanimate object! A tool! As such it cannot do anything! To imply anything else does nothing but fuel the anti 2 A idiots! I don’t know the op but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. With that being said we all need to think before we post threads like this! I’m no conspiracy nut but anyone who doesn’t realize that firearm forums are monitored need to wake up and realize that there are those that would like nothing better that to use whatever we post against us anyway they can! The internet is for ever!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master

You often hear the phrase or seen a bumper sticker; "My gun has killed less people than Ted Kennedy's Car" (he's been sober now for over 20 years)
    snip
    What is your story?
    If Ted Kennedy had been driving a VW Beetle she wouldn't have drowned and he would have been president.

'" A mock advertisement in National Lampoon magazine showed a floating Volkswagen Beetle, itself a parody of a Volkswagen advertisement, showing that the vehicle's underside was so well sealed that it would float on water, but with the caption, "If Ted Kennedy drove a Volkswagen, he'd be President today."
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Sounds like a trick question.... Guns don't kill people! People do.... just saying...
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Buddy
    Why would anyone celebrate a weapon they own as having been used to kill someone???

Even in war. This just sick "I hope it has".

Really, we are better than this.

Don

Yes, I have been in the military and used a weapon. Yes, I have suffered a gunshot.

I have a Mosin Nagant 1895, German Luger 1917 (1920 double stamp), and a Polish K98 Mauser from the 1930s. I suspect one or more have seen action....Some people say "if that could only talk...the stories it could tell"....I for one, am glad none of them talk. I enjoy them for their recreational purpose...not because of their original purpose.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk0 View Post
    I have a Mosin Nagant 1895, German Luger 1917 (1920 double stamp), and a Polish K98 Mauser from the 1930s. I suspect one or more have seen action....Some people say "if that could only talk...the stories it could tell"....I for one, am glad none of them talk. I enjoy them for their recreational purpose...not because of their original purpose.

redhawk
    You nailed it , I am with you on that, also what some others said it is not the gun . The person that used them. One way or another .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

One of my cherished possessions is an older S&W M&P revolver (1920's made pre model 10) that belonged to my Great Uncle Henry. He spent his career as a police officer for the Southern Railway. Well, when I inherited it from Dad, he said in a matter of fact way, "here's Uncle Henry's pistol, you know he once had to shoot a fella with it". Simple as that ....
    Semper Fi.

Boolit Buddy
    I have several guns from WW2 (im a huge collector with other 300 ww2 guns) that still have blood dripping down the action even after all these years. I have a Yugo M82B RPK that has "kill marks" on it, I have a SKS that has kill marks on it, i would say that about 70-80% of my military collection has seen serious use and shot plenty of people.

I would have a Kimber Grand Raptor 5" that killed 2 guys during self defense on my property but it "go lost in the evidence room" and i never saw it again

Boolit Master
    GONRA's semiauto collection has certainly killed zillions in WWI and beyond....
    BUT they're all harmless now! !!
    Just History! !!

Boolit Master

I was thinking about this, and only my military rifles may or may not be in this category, I wouldn't know but I would hope so.

Then I thought of retired police guns, probably very few police have even drawn theirs let alone taken a life.

But how about the relative that used a gun to end their own life. Often family will surrender the firearm when this happens.

What is your story?
    I've got a 1903 Springfield from about 1921, and a 1943(iirc) barrel on a National Ordnance action that may have been fired in anger. None of my other firearms have taken a life that I know of, but only got one of them at least nominally new. I also have a WWII NCO-issue samurai sword, but it was captured from the armory in Tokyo still not quite finished, so, again, unlikely to have taken a life.

When I use that phrase about Ted Kennedy's car, I add "since I've owned them. And I hope I make it through the rest of my life without having to fire any shots in anger, but I try to be prepared for the day I find I must.

Boolit Buddy
    Had to turn mine in when I rotated back.

Four WW2 M-1 Garands ( stocks have dimples from seating rounds in clips) , WW2 1911a1, one SKS, a broomhandle and Star pistol with paperwork (great uncle). G-17 police turn in, Rem 870 issued to a game warden, Who knows ?

Boolit Master

I agree with the opinion expressed in post # 33.

Boolit Master
    I have several old Mauser rifles, SKS carbines and a bring back German Luger as well as a former police officer's Model 10.
    No idea if the were ever used to take a life.

A S&W Victory model in 38 S&W that my father used to end his life.

I own a pistol carried by one of Hillary's hitmen. Has virtually no rifling or finish left!
    Known traffic menace

Boolit Grand Master

Yup, one of my pistols a S&W 41 was stolen and used in a homicide.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123