Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: More foreign ownership of American ammo and component companies

Boolit Master

More foreign ownership of American ammo and component companies

Good or bad? Not only this but in general, it's crazy how much foreign ownership of traditional US companies has taken place in recent years. https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...mmo-and-speer/
    Maineboy

If they don't go all woke and leftist like so many of our homeland corporations have- I don't have a problem with it.

If they can keep the ideals of providing a quality product, at favorable/market prices,
    and 'dance with the ones that brung 'em' I wish them well.

For everybody that goes all gloom & doom about foreign companies being here making money:
    Keep in mind they'll employ people here, and most of the money they make here will stay in the US.
    Is that a bad thing compared to everybody buying imported stuff?
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    If they don't go all woke and leftist like so many of our homeland corporations have- I don't have a problem with it.

If they can keep the ideals of providing a quality product, at favorable/market prices,
    and 'dance with the ones that brung 'em' I wish them well.

For everybody that goes all gloom & doom about foreign companies being here making money:
    Keep in mind they'll employ people here, and most of the money they make here will stay in the US.
    Is that a bad thing compared to everybody buying imported stuff?
    So allowing foreign companies to buy all of our ammo producers doesn’t send alarm bells up your back? Maybe then we should allow the Chinese military to buy our military bases and firearms companies??? Just sayin…

First off, it's not a zero sum game or a all or nothing situation.
    I don't fear the Chinese buying all our ammo factories any more than I fear them buying all of our farm land.

As far as pricing- more competitors keep monopolies in check,
    as well as provide cheaper, but better quality products in the market place.
    For example, if there was only one company making primers,,,, I doubt if they'd be cheap.

Anyway:
    Well,,, as long as the facilities are here in the US, if they get too big for their britches,
    they can be nationalized and taken over.

In the scheme of things, their main interest is making money.
    Unlike some of our woke corporations who have not made that much of a priority,
    these foreign company's priorities is they want to make money--- in their decisions- that is first, last, and always.
    Compared to an American company that has moved production off shore-- I don't have a problem with them.

Another option is to make production as hard as we can for American companies,
    let them woke their self out of business,
    then just buy everything from overseas, and hope the foreign govts.
    don't raise prices to the moon or get mad and cut us off like what was done in the 70's oil embargo.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 10-21-2023 at 12:13 AM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.

More foreign ownership of American ammo and component companies

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    First off, it's not a zero sum game or a all or nothing situation.
    I don't fear the Chinese buying all our ammo factories any more than I fear them buying all of our farm land.

As far as pricing- more competitors keep monopolies in check,
    as well as provide cheaper, but better quality products in the market place.
    For example, if there was only one company making primers,,,, I doubt if they'd be cheap.

Anyway:
    Well,,, as long as the facilities are here in the US, if they get too big for their britches,
    they can be nationalized and taken over.

In the scheme of things, their main interest is making money.
    Unlike some of our woke corporations who have not made that much of a priority,
    these foreign company's priorities is they want to make money--- in their decisions- that is first, last, and always.
    Compared to an American company that has moved production off shore-- I don't have a problem with them.

Another option is to make production as hard as we can for American companies,
    let them woke their self out of business,
    then just buy everything from overseas, and hope the foreign govts.
    don't raise prices to the moon or get mad and cut us off like what was done in the 70's oil embargo.
    I remember well the lines for gas because the
    ”wonderful peace loving arabs” came into agreement!
    Last edited by fiberoptik; 10-21-2023 at 03:25 AM.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Two years ago everyone was wigging out because 2 uber-corps owned 3/4 of the ammo and component manufacturing.
    Now you're freaking out because one of them has sold off 3 brands .

I think it's weird that Blount (or whoever) sold off not only Remington ammunition but also CCI primers. Why does CZ need RP and CCI ?

Yep foreign corporate is buying. Toyota raked us over .........oh wait they just brought the tools to town .......they sure had a lot in common with Ford for a while though .

CZ has been working several options for 3-4 years. Unfortunately I still think of most of the slovic nations in the old Com-Bloc way which is about 60% wrong and I know it . I still read the headlines and thought to myself "nope no Russian collusion there" .

If it bothers you that much take up the collection bust out the petty cash and buy it . It was ONLY based on an annual sales of 114 million for RP ammo and that probably ONLY has about 3-400,000,000 in backorders pending or about what it was when it sold last time .
    You can't lose money on primers right now that's for sure .....unless you have a Hornady oops .

Business being business it wouldn't surprise me if the brand was sold with a tooling and floor space lease and a buy back clause when the Texarkana plant opens .........

I once worked with a company that ran a storage facility and handled shipping/distribution. There was a law change that made 9 rail cars of a 3 item unit incompatible for storage together......the 3 items being in groups of 7 would have had to have had 1 of the 7 removed and separately repackaged to remain in storage like they had been for oh 60-65 yr . That doesn't seem like a big deal but there were 700 per can to remove , 27 cans per pallet , and 560 pallets round numbers . There was a hurry up shipment made to the owner that gave them plenty of time to fix the situation at their facility.

So we have Russian collusion, business contracts , law changes , anti-trust threats , employment bases that can't support the manufacturing needs , manufacturer that can't or won't support the employee needs , or they really are out to get us and its just a feed the greed ploy to cut our throats . I forgot about the secure offshore support production angle for the anti-com-bloc deal ......
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Buddy
    Ongoing business process for many decades. A lot of so-called US companies and utilities are foreign owned! How much does the the royals of Europe etc. own of America?
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Stop and look at how many companies ae 'owned' by Wall Street! Which is 'owned' by Congress!
    Whatever!

CZ has Dan Wesson and Colt as well and their made here, I have a CZ made Dan Wesson CCO and it’s superbly accurate.

Boolit Buddy
    The company that is buying Vista is not the CZ firearms which goes by CZG Group .
    The company that is purchasing Vista for 1.9 billion is CSG Group and they are a munitions company and they also have a majority stake in Fiocchi and is a major supplier for the Ukraine war .
    this is what I found doing a little research on the companies

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Maineboy View Post
    Good or bad? Not only this but in general, it's crazy how much foreign ownership of traditional US companies has taken place in recent years. https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...mmo-and-speer/

I forsee domestic ammo prices going up.. this sale had interesting timing.

hornady plant explosion.. lake city dropping contracts.. etc...

Boolit Master
    I see this as a flip of the dice moment, for the past few years we have had Jason Vanderbrink running ATK at the pleasure of his American bosses, the new corporation has keep Jason at the helm. So are we under the thumb of an American communist or a foreign communist or maybe a foreigner that wants to make a reasonable profit and have a good relationship with American gun owners. Only time will tell. But under the American ownership nothing has changed in the last 2 or 3 years. I saw American gun companies listed as to size and market share, Colt once one of the top 3 or 4 was listed as #20, under the fine American leadership of the last 40 years. Smith & Wesson hit bottom under a British CEO now and American runs things and they are back up to number 1. It may be a good thing maybe not.