Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F & M Reloading Equipment, Inc.

In Remembrance

I ordered from them in Jan. and finally received my order on Mar. 12 after no response to repeat emails. Their website showed nothing about being out of stock. I ordered some dies three weeks ago by phone as their web did not state whether in stock. Was told it was not in stock but should be in in a week. They charged my card a week ago. I have been much more satisfied with Grafs, who's price may be slightly higher but the $4.50 shipping and handling brought me a size die to my door todat in quick fashion. Guess which will get my business in the future?

I just sent F and M an Email On Ya'alls behalf that reads as follows

Hello, my name is Nathan and I have made several purchases from you over $500 in the last year and I have never experienced a problem. BUT I have always delt face to face with you I recently recomended you on cast boolits.com and many people have placed orders with you. Now there is athread going about your service or lack of and the speed at which cards are charged but orders are not filled and shipped. I suggest you get on cast boolits imediately and explain yourself and make these folks feel at ease. They are good people to do business with if you treat them right but do not misunderstand there is about 3,000 reloaders on that forum which is quite a market to be black balled in.

I will be honest I am agravated about this especially after i recomended them on here, I hope they resolve it for you folks. Thanks Nate
    Remember the average response time of a 911 call is over 4 minutes. The average response time of a .357 is around 1300 F.P.S.

Well no response, I reckon they either are having computer issues or they do not care enough to even reply. Has any one called them??
    Remember the average response time of a 911 call is over 4 minutes. The average response time of a .357 is around 1300 F.P.S.

Boolit Master
    deerslayer:

I'm glad that you have had good face to face transactions with F&M and for the rest of us who have already been there and done that with their online BS (emails, phone calls, repeat phone calls, follow up emails etc.) I don't reckon any of us are going to give any more of our time to them.

Some people who run companies just do not do a very good job and should a company advertise as being an online business then such a company should produce services that are respectful to those who order from them. It takes more book keeping, computer software programs to show in stock items, and in addition the shipping process as an online company which is more difficult than having a store and sell things over the counter. It sounds like this company should simply forget about online business. Do a Google search "F&M reloading poor service" as there are many others who don't think much of their online business either.
    Last edited by RobS; 04-15-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Well said Rob if it has been done then by all means they deserve dead beat status!!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by deerslayer View Post
    there is about 3,000 reloaders on that forum which is quite a market to be black balled in.
    Add 10 thousand six hundred and forty five to that and you have it right. As of this posting, we have 13,645 members.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

My bad I completely under estimated I thought I seen 3,000 some where but it may have been an old post. They obviously do not care anyway.

Boolit Buddy
    I did an online order with F&M years ago. After waiting about a month, I called. Was told that they guy that handles the online orders would do so many orders per day and that was his limit. The guy I talked to, took down my info and my order was at the house in 4 days. With some added stuff to the order. I haven't used them since.

Boolit Man
    If you are in no big rush they have the best prices I could find. Your order will show up. It's just a matter of when.

Alan

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    I'm liking the deadbeat dealer idea. I would hope no-one uses it for personal vendettas. Maybe start it off with a header title from Dragnet..."just the facts Maam" HeHeHe
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

I am just curious if people got their orders???

In Remembrance

I gave them a second chance by ordering a set of dies that I really wasn't in a hurry for. This time I called and asked if it was in stock, as the online catalog didn't show it back ordered. It was not in stock, but should take about a week to get it. After three weeks they charged my card for it and delivered it a month later. I'm done.

OK I will no longer do business with them if that is the way they treat people on here.

Boolit Bub
    Well, let me throw some support for Ben & Mark from F&M Reloading.

I've been doing business with these two gentlemen (and their family) at numerous Gun Shows here in Ohio for the past two years.

I am completely happy with the personal and friendly service and prices I have received. They are my go-to reloading source. Have I been lucky . . . well, yes and I work within their 'Mode Operandi'

Some examples of the service I've received:
    If I call a couple days before a local show, ask for an item, they will bring it and hold it for me until I arrive.

They will match (and often beat) any other dealers price . . . no questions asked.

They will order an item and bring it to the show. Yes, many things were hard to acquire this past year ('09). And yes, I've been told, "Bill, I only received 1 of the blah-blah-blah I ordered and I had to sell it to someone who ordered earlier online" Understandable.

They've even replaced a die I chipped to avoid me dealing with LEE directly.

Not to speak for them, but I understand they both have regular jobs and reloading sales support their (and our) hobby. They don't strike me as out to make 'a buck' off fellow reloaders/shooters.

Could they do better with their online service? . . . . sounds like it.
    Should they change their service at Gun Shows . . . . god, I hope not.

I am the type that I'd rather get a great deal, than be in any hurry and F&M meets these requirements perfectly.

They will continue to get the first chance for my hard earned cash. Period.

Hope this helps with those whose been happy with F&M, yet didn't have much experience to relate.

'da Kid

Ohio's BEST CCW resource: http://ohioccwforums.org/
    I've ordered a couple times from F&M.

They do not carry a ton of inventory like Midway or Nachez. The past 18 months reloading went from a sleepy hobby to a holy-cripes obsession and nobody had anything in stock. F&M aren't as big as Midway or the other big dogs so their orders are lower in priority. I can't fault them for not getting restocked.

That said, they really ought to do better about returning emails- but it's a tiny business and internet is not their primary deal- gunshows are.

Every order I sent to them was received in full. I was not billed until the order shipped. When they didn't have what I needed in one case, they built it for me out of stuff they had in stock.

Today, everyone is so focused on wanting it right now they forgot the way it used to be- please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery, on almost anything "mail ordered".

If you're one of those people that wants to order on Monday and have it in your hand before Friday, F&M is probably not the company you should order from. If you need your hand held and want updates every few days, buy from Midway.

If you can afford to be patient and want to deal with a small company at the best price around, they can help you. Let me add again- they do not bill until they ship. There's lots of companies that take your money and then spend weeks getting your stuff, using your cash to float their overhead. Not F&M.

I can't say that everyone is going to be happy, but I've got no reason to complain.
    Due to market fluctuations I am no longer buying range scrap jackets.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

Boolit Buddy
    Ive always gotten good service from them. shipping time from order to delivery usally runs 3 to 4 weeks. all my orders have been complete. I guess I just live right. DR

I have a order placed with F&M Reloading INC. The site states that "depending on items ordered " it may take 3-6 weeks for the order to ship out . I placed my order on 03/05/13 & its 04/26/13 & my order hasn't shipped out yet giving the amount of backorders on most every site in the industry I am going to wait on F&M . My guess is the F&M is more than likely waiting on the MFG's to send the products to thier distributors & then to F&M themselves . I have had several emails with Mark & he seems to be a honest guy & if i even thought that F&M is trying to rip me off i would cancel my order in a second & never give F&M another thought . As i said just about every site that sells reloading supplies are backup & its hard on them. My card hasn't been charged yet either
    Last edited by trapper300RUM; 04-26-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    Anyone think certain companies ought to be listed in the Deadbeat area?
    NO!
    The site can be sued out of existence. Truth is no defense.

Boolit Master
    I've ordered from F&M on several occasions over the years. Never had any heartburn with them. The last time was when I got my Classic cast turret press and some other stuff. Had to wait, but knew that up front as I called on the phone to place the order and they told me the lag time. They weren't off more than a week on an expected delivery date.

Everywhere is experiencing extreme lag times due to overwhelming sales volume right now. If you need it tomorrow, you should've ordered it three months ago...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12