Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is This the Beginning of the Battle of Gog and Magog?

Concerning Ezekiel, if chapter 37 is a prelude, in essence setting the table for chapter 38?
    Who are the two sticks that get joined together, the Israelite peoples and Judah?
    It's fascinating study to apply to the modern world.
    Last edited by Good Cheer; 10-17-2023 at 09:53 AM.

Boolit Master
    How about Israel and the United States??????

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Concerning Ezekiel, is chapter 37 is a prelude, in essence setting the table for chapter 38?
    Who are the two sticks that get joined together, the Israelite peoples and Judah?
    It's fascinating study to apply to the modern world.
    Ezekiel 37:13-16
    13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
    14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.
    15 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
    16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
    1st stick- For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions (Southern Kingdom, 2 Tribes after the split)
    2nd Stick - For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim (Northern kingdom, 10 Tribes after the Split)

At the rapture the old testament saints from the 12 tribes will be resurrected (regenerated) and reunited as one people... two sticks into one
    This group will be where the 144,000 will be chosen. 12,000 from each Tribe.

This also fulfills where Christ says...

Mathew 19:28
    28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

What are your thoughts on how Ezekiel chapter 37 ties to 38 and the 7 year period?

Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    How about Israel and the United States??????
    Looks as though the nation state of Israel and the US could fill the bill.

Boolit Master
    There’s two main prophecies in Eze 37. They are similar, but don’t appear to be the same.
    If I were to guess at dates for a few interesting verses, I’d go with this:
    1) Eze 37:11 could be 1940 (Holocaust timeframe)

11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the entire house of Israel; behold, they say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope has perished. We are [f]completely cut off.’
    2) Eze 37:12 could be 1948 (Israel is re-instated)

12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘This is what the Lord God says: “Behold, I am going to open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel.
    3) Eze 37:21-22 could be an ongoing process, which started around 1948.
    21 And say to them, ‘This is what the Lord God says: “Behold, I am going to take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; 22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations, and no longer be divided into two kingdoms.
    4) Eze 37:23 could be in the future, after all Jews have returned to Israel, and after those Jews accept Jesus as Lord.
    23 They will no longer defile themselves with their idols, or with their detestable things, or with any of their offenses; but I will rescue them from all their [i]dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. And they will be My people, and I will be their God.
    5) Eze 37:27-28 reads like the end of time, after Satan is thrown into the pit.
    27 My dwelling place also will be among them; and I will be their God, and they will be My people. 28 And the nations will know that I am the Lord who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever.”’”
    Then Eze 38 begins a different prophecy. I guess I have to say that I do not see Eze 37 as a prelude to Eze 38.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by justindad View Post
    There’s two main prophecies in Eze 37. They are similar, but don’t appear to be the same.
    If I were to guess at dates for a few interesting verses, I’d go with this:
    1) Eze 37:11 could be 1940 (Holocaust timeframe)
    11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the entire house of Israel; behold, they say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope has perished. We are [f]completely cut off.’
    I think it is important to remember that the house of Israel was at the time of this prophesy in the midst of a 70 year babylonian captivity. Think about it, they are in captivity, they are scattered, they have no Temple and were being assimilated into the heathen culture of their captors. At some point it is certain that as a people they felt their bones were dried up and their hope had perished. I am not sure how you can overlook the reestablishment of the state of Israel and rebuilding of the 2nd Temple after the babylonian captivity and jump straight to 1940 holocaust

2) Eze 37:12 could be 1948 (Israel is re-instated)
    12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘This is what the Lord God says: “Behold, I am going to open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel.
    1948 Israel is re-instated?? Were graves opened, did people come up out of their graves in 1948? no and no.
    On the contrary at the time of the rapture/regeneration the graves will be open and they will come out of their graves and will be regenerated with new uncorruptible bodies and will rule and reign in the land of Israel with Christ for 1000 years

I think it is best to understand the time frame and circumstances of what Israel was going through when Ezekiel 37 was being preached.

Boolit Master
    Alabama358 - I don’t debate interpretations of scripture online like this. I tried a bible forum once, and that’s just not helpful. Feel free to share your thoughts, as I do, but that’s as far as I will go here. Everyone should read their Bible for themselves and pray from instruction from the Holy Spirit. I am certainly not an ordained minister.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by justindad View Post
    Alabama358 - I don’t debate interpretations of scripture online like this. I tried a bible forum once, and that’s just not helpful. Feel free to share your thoughts, as I do, but that’s as far as I will go here. Everyone should read their Bible for themselves and pray from instruction from the Holy Spirit. I am certainly not an ordained minister.
    Okay, if that is what your comfortable with.
    Usually "Deep Theological Discussion" requires discussion to be fruitful.

I never cared for Mark Twain but he really was right about what people know for sure but that's not true.
    Bible study is like that. People know things they heard someone teach, not infrequently something twisted to support a particular theory. Then later they get around to researching for themselves and eventually find out "it just aint so".

Will someone please quote me chapter & verse where it is stated there will actually be a third temple built. Not just animal sacrifices, but a third temple built.

Boolit Master
    Buckwheatpaul and others here. My wife and I were both career Army Intel types-I know, a contradiction in terms. We both had the privilege of briefing LTC Norman Swartzkopf when he was Deputy Chief of Staff of the Army for Operations and since we knew what he wanted to know and could defend our positions with true facts he was gracious. I testified before both the House and Senate committees on intelligence-with an Army civilian lawyer in my armpit each time to ensure I didn't stray too far from what everyone wanted to hear. After four years in DC I was a firm believer that Mother Teresa wouldn't last six months before the system found a way to co-op or corrupt her.

So, my question is, in what ways or means is it remotely possible to get our "representatives" to do what we know to be just and correct? The only voting system that might work is the purple finger we imposed in the ME, but what happens to the boxes full of ballots? This country is nowhere near the republic which our forefathers envisioned and may never have been, and we have lost it for the simple reasons they foresaw then. I wish our world was different, but we're going to have to make do with what we've got. Care for your loved ones and value your true friends as if they were gold. Gray Fox

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Will someone please quote me chapter & verse where it is stated there will actually be a third temple built. Not just animal sacrifices, but a third temple built.
    Interesting question...

Boolit Master
    Here is a teaching I done on the subject.

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiIkT6WEWgE

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYI2W_nFZf4

If true, I guess ammo won't do you much good.
    You can send it all to me for disposal.

Boolit Master
    Daniel 11:31 suggests a 3rd Temple.
    Forces from him shall appear and profane the temple and fortress, and shall take away the regular burnt offering. And they shall set up the abomination that makes desolate.
    That’s the ESV translation. The NASB translation doesn’t literally say “temple”.

Forces from him will arise, desecrate the sanctuary fortress, and do away with the regular sacrifice. And they will set up the abomination [a]of desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Buckwheatpaul and others here. My wife and I were both career Army Intel types-I know, a contradiction in terms. We both had the privilege of briefing LTC Norman Swartzkopf when he was Deputy Chief of Staff of the Army for Operations and since we knew what he wanted to know and could defend our positions with true facts he was gracious. I testified before both the House and Senate committees on intelligence-with an Army civilian lawyer in my armpit each time to ensure I didn't stray too far from what everyone wanted to hear. After four years in DC I was a firm believer that Mother Teresa wouldn't last six months before the system found a way to co-op or corrupt her.

So, my question is, in what ways or means is it remotely possible to get our "representatives" to do what we know to be just and correct? The only voting system that might work is the purple finger we imposed in the ME, but what happens to the boxes full of ballots? This country is nowhere near the republic which our forefathers envisioned and may never have been, and we have lost it for the simple reasons they foresaw then. I wish our world was different, but we're going to have to make do with what we've got. Care for your loved ones and value your true friends as if they were gold. Gray Fox
    Thank you.

Boolit Buddy

The more I think about it ... this is a very significant question that needs fleshed out...

Boolit Master
    It not in the Bible! Is because of misinterpreted eschatology that a third temple be built. Without a temple, there can be no abomination that causes desolation placed in the temple.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    It not in the Bible! Is because of misinterpreted eschatology that a third temple be built. Without a temple, there can be no abomination that causes desolation placed in the temple.
    Check out part 2 of my video about the third temple.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast