Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Ribbon Cutting Yesterday Opening HUGE New S&W Plant In Tennessee

Vendor Sponsor

Ribbon Cutting Yesterday Opening HUGE New S&W Plant In Tennessee

I saw a pic on FB of them cutting the ribbon, I guess the huge new plant is now open? Up and running?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=...bbon%20cutting

Attachment 318768 Attachment 318769

https://ir.smith-wesson.com/news-rel...ters-tennessee
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

And Sig just announced way big new location in Jacksonville Arkansas. Coming south.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    And Sig just announced way big new location in Jacksonville Arkansas. Coming south.

Getting away from the looney left. We are going to be poster children for the NOT generation... NOT WOKE!!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

The Blue states are driving businesses and citizens away in droves.

The ones who remain will get taxed into poverty or bankruptcy. Just a matter of when, not if.

Be vigilant. The Left will be trying everything they can think of to get the entire country to subsidize the cost of their failed policies.

Boolit Master
    Bring everything into the midwest or south. Keep it between the coasts. Then the coasts will have nothing. No manufacturing, no farming, no ranching. We will have everything we need. They'll have to come to us, if we want to deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    Bring everything into the midwest or south. Keep it between the coasts. Then the coasts will have nothing. No manufacturing, no farming, no ranching. We will have everything we need. They'll have to come to us, if we want to deal with them.
    You'll have a hard time cutting California out of farming. There's too much that grows there that simply cannot be grown viably elsewhere to replace the output. Lots of irrigation required.

Lots of things could be done if people are ready to forgo fresh produce in the winter months. Most people aren't.

Boolit Master
    I would love to be able to go threw that factory an watch them make guns. I love museums an factories learn alot at everyone I go to.

Boolit Grand Master

On the modern machining centers when the coolant comes on all you see is a white or light green wash over the guards until its done.

Boolit Buddy

Just hope they can get quality back up where it belongs GW

Boolit Mold
    The one machinist that I had in my shop working part time used to be the boss in a shop in Wilks-Barre Pa. that machined the cast receivers for Springfield arms company. I was down in that shop many times watching them do work on the actions I taught Big Al how to tig the surface imperfections. They had another shop out in Dallas Pa. that had cnc machines to do some of the work on the actions. The owner died and Springfield hauled all the machines out to their factory and took Al out and made all kinds of promises when he got it up and running he ended up back in my shop doing production work.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    You'll have a hard time cutting California out of farming. There's too much that grows there that simply cannot be grown viably elsewhere to replace the output. Lots of irrigation required.

Lots of things could be done if people are ready to forgo fresh produce in the winter months. Most people aren't.
    All winter I grow enough lettuce in a south facing window to feed a family of 4... grow some other stuff too. I live in SW MN so not a lot of winter sun, I use a grow light to help out...

Boolit Master

This morning's news had an article about S&W leaving blue Mass. for red Tennessee.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    All winter I grow enough lettuce in a south facing window to feed a family of 4... grow some other stuff too. I live in SW MN so not a lot of winter sun, I use a grow light to help out...
    We have a couple of grow lights and a Plastic bin we start vegetables in for the spring. We are about to try some lettuce for the winter. Do you have a particular type that works best?

We also have some of those bags for growing potatoes and we're thinking of planting a few in the back room using the bags It's unheated but down in NC it is never below freezing in the room. Wife found a way to dry can potatoes and they stay firm so we are going to put in many this year and can them for winter
    Last edited by jonp; 10-14-2023 at 12:35 PM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    I saw a pic on FB of them cutting the ribbon, I guess the huge new plant is now open? Up and running?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=...bbon%20cutting

Attachment 318768 Attachment 318769

https://ir.smith-wesson.com/news-rel...ters-tennessee
    I bet Mass is happy to see all that tax revenue heading south. Probably patting themselves on the back for getting rid of the evil gun company while getting ready to raise taxes to make up for it
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Got two out of three for sure

Boolit Master
    Hate to see them go, but I can't blame them. Maybe if Ed Shultz hadn't caved to Clinton, states wouldn't have as much power.
    They almost got Bud Lighted by the NRA.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    We have a couple of grow lights and a Plastic bin we start vegetables in for the spring. We are about to try some lettuce for the winter. Do you have a particular type that works best?

We also have some of those bags for growing potatoes and we're thinking of planting a few in the back room using the bags It's unheated but down in NC it is never below freezing in the room. Wife found a way to dry can potatoes and they stay firm so we are going to put in many this year and can them for winter
    Little Gem romaine did really well, it is a midget type of romaine so doesn't need a bunch of height inside. Also my favorite so I haven't tried others... I do have it in a bay window so it gets light from 3 sides...

Boolit Master
    read a bunch about it. built from ground up and on previous vacant land with all new state of the art machines from one local story I read.i haven't been down that way in a few years but im betting its somewhere close to the Volkswagen Plant where many other big businesses built like a giant Fedex facility and TAG heavy equipment bucket manufacturing. wonder if they will have a factory store and parts and restoration service available to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post

https://www.kark.com/news/business/s...-625-new-jobs/
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA