Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Washing Machine--Speed Queen

Boolit Master

New Washing Machine--Speed Queen

I bought a new washing machine yesterday. It's a Speed Queen TC5. Quite a bit different than the machine it replaced. First off, it actually fills the drum with water. Secondly, the wash cycles are much quicker. It's like stepping into the past, except for the price. It was $1300 after taxes. I have heard these machines can last 20+ years without any problems. I'll report back in 2043.

Boolit Master
    I probably won't be here.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Moderator Emeritus

They are made in WI.
    In my area, when one of their washers gets 20+ years old, they sell for about the price of a new "cheap" one from a Box store...and is likely still lots better than that cheap new one.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

I have heard that they are the best!

Boolit Master
    I have a speed queen no electronics . It replaced a front loading piece of junk it washes clothes way better.

Boolit Master
    I'll vouch for Speed Queen. No electronics. Might cost a bit more but you only have to buy them once.

Boolit Grand Master

I'll be waiting
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    When we moved into our condo in town from the farm, we bought both a Speed Queen washer and gas dryer. The SQ washer has no electronics and was rated as tops. It is a great machine! I'd rather pay more for a good machine that will last a looooong time, than a little less for a brand that is maybe going to last ten years. We LOVE ours!

Boolit Master
    Couple years ago we replaced our washer with a Speed Queen Heavy Duty Commercial. This one has electronics, at least the digital display and touch buttons are.

Winelover

Speed queen is king! Wish they made other appliances.

Boolit Mold
    I replaced the washer and dryer about 20 years ago with Miele's still working good was quite a bit to pay for but my cousin is on his third washer in the same time frame. I got a good deal on a Viking kitchen gas stove at the same time it will be here till I'm gone unless the anti gas police come and take it away.

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    We are looking at these. Im excited you all are happy with the washers.Anyone with an electric dryer to chime in?

Boolit Master
    There's electronics in about all appliances nowadays. With Speed Queen, the higher in the line you go the more they got. Same mechanical setup underneath. One drive belt to run everything. Easy to replace but I've never had to do one. Yet. Got 3 customers I recommended to buy Speed Queen washers. They each bought the 3 different models. All are washing maniacs. All the machines have kept them happy except when they first use them. They complain that the machines won't clean. I tell them to change from Eco wash to regular or heavy duty. Then they wash like they should. Eco wash is for EPA standards/requirements, not for washing. Most other manufacturers have copied the Samsung drum suspension systems which are made to fail. When they do (they always do) they'll default to restart the wash cycle. Repairing wouldn't be so bad if they would deburr the panels inside. Sorry for the rant.

Buy Speed Queen.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Misery-Whip View Post
    We are looking at these. Im excited you all are happy with the washers.Anyone with an electric dryer to chime in?
    Ours is electric. NO issues. It just simply does what it is supposed to do.

Boolit Buddy
    Bought a washer and dryer by Speed Queen about a decade ago, still going strong.

Been in this house a little over 13 years and didn't move the washer/dryer from the old house which were almost shot anyway. First washer top loader the transmission went out (stripped the splines off the shaft) after 4-5 years. 2nd one was a front loader that went through a door lock about every two years and at least one water pump. They put a basket strainer on it that had no access. They expected you to remove the cabinet cover every 6 months when it loaded up with dog hair to get to it. I cut a hole in the side of the machine after taking the cove off the 2nd time. All the others whirlpools that used the same pump setup had easy access to the strainer basket so no idea why they didn't do that with this one. We replaced it about 3 years ago with a Speed Queen TR7 washer and dryer. No issues. It just works every time.

Boolit Man
    Got both the washer and dryer about a year ago. Right now I can’t comment on their durability but they clean clothes and do it in about a third of the time our old washer did. The dryer dries clothes. With a retiree discount from the company I worked with I paid $1900 for the pair.

The appliance repairman said since they started selling them 5-6 years ago he had not had a call for repairs on the S/Q’s
    A bumble bee is considerable faster than a John Deere tractor

Boolit Master
    We have a speed queen that's about 10 years old. No issues and the clothes get clean!

Had a Speed Queen Commercial - she broke it! Hard to do.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    We have three Speed Queen washers and three dryers at work. We do have to repair or replace them in particular the heating element on the dryers. But then again we are using them in a commercial setting so put a lot of wear and tear on them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast