RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: liberty safe policy update

Boolit Buddy

liberty safe policy update

Liberty Safe has implemented consumer privacy protections regarding law enforcement compulsory requests for information, including safe combinations. These policies codify Liberty Safe’s position as an industry leader in protecting consumer privacy.

Liberty Safe will only release customer information to law enforcement agencies if all the following conditions are met:

1) A warrant, subpoena, national security letter, court order or equivalent (“compulsory process”) must be provided that is specifically issued to Liberty Safe.
    2) For requests for access codes or combinations, the compulsory process must specifically require that Liberty Safe release the combination or access code for a safe identified by its serial number.
    3) If these first two conditions are met, the requested customer information must already exist within our system at the time of the request. If a customer has opted out of our retention of this information, we will be unable to comply with the compulsory process.

https://www.libertysafe.com/pages/po...mation-demands

Boolit Master

IMHO everybody should have the combo changed after they buy their safe. I did.

Boolit Master

Damage Control. Shades of Bud Light; but a better attempt to side with the customer compared to Bud Light.

As an example of why it "Waffles" on their adhering to US Constitutional Principles:

A national security letter is an administrative subpoena issued by the United States government to gather information for national security purposes. NSLs do not require prior approval from a judge.

Just a reminder of what the 4th Amendment says on the subject:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
    Last edited by MUSTANG; 10-05-2023 at 10:16 AM.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

I think I'd dremel off the SN from the Safe...But then again, I'd likely never register it with Liberty in the first place. That is...if I had a Liberty safe.

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Would Liberty have adopted this policy if it were another safe company? Like Mustang said, it's just damage control in the shadow of the bud lite fiasco circus. Which begs the question, ''What are the policies of other safe manufacturers?''
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redriverhunter View Post
    Liberty Safe has implemented consumer privacy protections regarding law enforcement compulsory requests for information, including safe combinations. These policies codify Liberty Safe’s position as an industry leader in protecting consumer privacy.

Liberty Safe will only release customer information to law enforcement agencies if all the following conditions are met:

1) A warrant, subpoena, national security letter, court order or equivalent (“compulsory process”) must be provided that is specifically issued to Liberty Safe.
    2) For requests for access codes or combinations, the compulsory process must specifically require that Liberty Safe release the combination or access code for a safe identified by its serial number.
    3) If these first two conditions are met, the requested customer information must already exist within our system at the time of the request. If a customer has opted out of our retention of this information, we will be unable to comply with the compulsory process.

https://www.libertysafe.com/pages/po...mation-demands
    This is called a legal but cover ! Nothing more ........ This is not being done for Comsumer's

Why does the .gov even bother pretending with subpoenas or anything like that. They have people locked away in dungeons without trial for years. They obviously have nothing to fear from anybody about anything, so just cut it open.

Its not like there even needs to be anything in the safe anyway, just make it up like the rest of the circus.

Boolit Master

I don't have a Liberty, my safes are 1950's monster Postal Safe's with dials. But, everybody is trying to catch up to what's right these day's....I give them an A for effort. Going forward it sounds like they "corrected course".
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master

Whatever…they’ll do it again
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    IMHO everybody should have the combo changed after they buy their safe. I did.
    That works for a spin dial lock.

For an electronic- when the safe is sold, expect the name of the purchaser, the serial number of the lock,
    and if the safe has a serial number, to be in their records.
    Any one of the three items can bring it up in their data base. They will lead back to what I call the 'gu-ru'
    over ride number held by the lock's maker.

Pulling the serial number decal off the lock won't help.
    For those who insist on a electronic lock,
    you'd have to buy a new one, swap it out and not use the original combination that was on the first one.

At the safe company, our customer service folks would get calls from commercial customers
    where a combination was changed, the manager changed it & quit ,,,, whatever.
    It was also common to change the combination as authorized users of the safe came and went, then they'd forget it.
    There was a procedure that involved a specific contact person within the company, some secret handshakes, and a fee.
    When all that jived up, our guy would call the lock maker and give them the over ride code to be able to re-set a
    combination without a service call from a lock smith.

Store manager's would often call with their tale of woe, expecting an instant over ride code.
    They'd go home kicking their Lunch box when told to have 'so-and-so, from their Security Dept.
    or Loss Prevention Dept. call us.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't/won't have a digital "lock" as it seems they may have a back door combo in them. Doesn't matter if you reset it or not, they may well have a backdoor which is not possible on a mechanical lock. So, I'll stay old school and mechanical.

Nor, will I buy ANYTHING from "liberty" in my lifetime.

Maybe their "A" for effort will include not contributing to anti-gun candidates and organizations anymore.

hmmm...

Boolit Grand Master

"We screwed you all, but we learned our lesson. Please trust us from now on. Buy Liberty Safes."
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca Gunner View Post
    Would Liberty have adopted this policy if it were another safe company? Like Mustang said, it's just damage control in the shadow of the bud lite fiasco circus. Which begs the question, ''What are the policies of other safe manufacturers?''
    Rhino Safe on their front page in big letters, 1st paragraph:

Rhino Metals, Inc. has not and will never give out backup codes or combinations to anyone except the original owner with proof of purchase and verification of identity. This includes law enforcement, without a specific court order specifying that we comply to a specific case.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

liberty safe policy update

I prefer the answer to law enforcement…

“We cannot give you the pass code because we do not know it, as we do not retain them”

…from a manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    My safe with electronic lock from a box store needs an internet connection for proper function. I couldn't understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed K View Post
    My safe with electronic lock from a box store needs an internet connection for proper function. I couldn't understand why.
    That's not a safe, it's another woke disaster. Mine's mechanical, and I can lock the dial with a key.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Buddy
    So.. how hard is it to change a digital lock over to a spin dial lock?

chuck40219
    When I speak of:
    45-70: that is a 45-70 Uberti 1885 High Wall Rifle
    357 Mag. Rifle: that is a Uberti 1873 Carbine

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    This all comes down to the simple explanation that has existed since about a week after the first one sided latch or door bar was invented. "Locks only serve to keep honest people honest" . Kufu I probably said it as he had the design team building a better lock for his tomb . Short of 2" formed , welded , reheat treated AR550 with milled blocks of similar super steels and hardened bolts in milled sockets with overlap monkey grip door edges an inch or more deep which become impractical for a home safe unless a guy is going full 6 side double reenforced concrete bunker vault .
    If the dishonest or LEO wants or needs to have access they will get it but I suspect that by the time it goes that far whether of not the safe has a pass code is irrelevant.

Legal ....... yeah ...... I think that's pretty much just white wash now after you get much past local sheriff's office.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    That works for a spin dial lock.

For an electronic- when the safe is sold, expect the name of the purchaser, the serial number of the lock,
    and if the safe has a serial number, to be in their records.
    Any one of the three items can bring it up in their data base. They will lead back to what I call the 'gu-ru'
    over ride number held by the lock's maker.

Pulling the serial number decal off the lock won't help.
    For those who insist on a electronic lock,
    you'd have to buy a new one, swap it out and not use the original combination that was on the first one.

At the safe company, our customer service folks would get calls from commercial customers
    where a combination was changed, the manager changed it & quit ,,,, whatever.
    It was also common to change the combination as authorized users of the safe came and went, then they'd forget it.
    There was a procedure that involved a specific contact person within the company, some secret handshakes, and a fee.
    When all that jived up, our guy would call the lock maker and give them the over ride code to be able to re-set a
    combination without a service call from a lock smith.

Store manager's would often call with their tale of woe, expecting an instant over ride code.
    They'd go home kicking their Lunch box when told to have 'so-and-so, from their Security Dept.
    or Loss Prevention Dept. call us.
    In the Army whenever the combo was changed, it had to be recorded and filed at 'higher headquarters.' Where they frequently lost it.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast