Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modified RCBS Primeing Tool Handle

Boolit Master

Interesting mods.. nice.. thanks for posting. I just picked up one of these tools..

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tred1956 View Post
    This is what I did to keep handle up. Eliminated the only problem I had with the RCBS bench primer. A couple of eyebolts and a rubber band or two. Sure the bands fail occasionally but it only takes 30 seconds to replace. My old hands just won't handle the hand primers anymore. LOL
    Safe shooting
    Doug

I am sorry your fix cannot possibly work. It doesn't require any special tools to build and doesn't cost an arm and leg. Excuse me while I head out to the hardware store for a couple of eyebolts. Thanks
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

tred1956.........excellent. Holland's fix is esoterically expensive.....I'm way to cheap for that. but I'd probably rig up a spring under it if I had one.

In my case I have the APS strip feeding version.....having a Pro 2000 I load with....but I'd copy you if I didn't. That version has a shorter handle with a spring that holds it high......but it has been deleted from the line as all APS was. Sure glad I have one. I always wondered why RCBS didn't redesign their other bench feeder with a similar simple handle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	713545.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	318850

Now that I have a non APS Prochucker 7 and a Lee 6000 in addition, I'm tempted by the Deluxe APP with its built-in bench primer for them.....yes I still prefer bench priming over inline progressive priming.....just less to go wrong. I hate stoppages during progressive loading, and the only one that seems bulletproof is the beyond my range MK 7 vibrator system. Then again, it's a breeze to load strips on my strip loader and a bit faster 4 strips of 25 than pecking 100 primers into a tube. Vibra primes work ok, but they aren't 100% either.
    Last edited by GWS; 10-11-2023 at 04:16 PM.

Been working on my rcbs primer. I added a couple of coil springs under the handle. Drilled a hole into the handle but had to elongate the hole to allow for the change of angle when the handle bottoms out. Also added a recess in the base for the spring to sit in. Mounted it on a piece of oak. Need to add 4 stick on rubber pads and something to hold the primer tubes. Found the brass primer tubes in my Dillon parts box. I haven’t decided about adding a upturned handle yet. I want to take a piece of hardwood and bolt it to the handle to see how it feels first.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0603.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	318877
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 10-12-2023 at 08:45 PM.

Modified RCBS Primeing Tool Handle

I made another change and took a piece of SS welding wire and made a spring as shown in the pic below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2023-10-12-163845.jpeg  

We have some very creative members here .

Finally got around to using my rcbs primer and it is so much nicer than the handheld lee autoprime. Started building loads for a 7.62x39 AR BCA side charger rifle. I added the coiled springs under the handle and a thin washer on the handle bolt as it had some side to side play. Put it on an oak board with feet. Doesn’t need a spring on the feed arm as the primer stop pin pops it back each time. A cool gadget that works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12