Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Handgun Will You Never Trade Or Sell

Boolit Master
    Every firearm I own are going to my son when I am done with them.
    None will be sold...he already refers to them as his and I am OK with that.

I bought my S&W Model 25-2 new around 1983. The dealer ordered a 45 Colt cylinder to go with it. It is a tack driver. I doubt any amount of money could cause me to part with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M25dash2.jpg  

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Nothing I own is that important to me. Guns are tools.

I have guns I really like but if someone wants to pay me $500 over market value, they are gone.
    Same here!
    I have quite a few things that really like and still have sentimental value but if I need the money and the price is right they will have to go!

Boolit Master
    I have enough hand guns that I would sell if needed that I will keep a few until I take a dirt nap. These are a very early Walther Olympic target 22, a Ballister Molina 45, a Ruger MKI T and a Russian Tok 7.62x 25. The Tok and the Walther were brought home from WW II by my father.

Boolit Master
    I have a couple of rifles and shotguns that were inherited from Grandpa. Those will never go. Agree with the above post on guns other than those 4 long guns, if someone offers 500 over value, Id sell. But if push came to shove, that last one I'd sell would be my CZ75B Omega. Ive had it almost a decade and it still looks new despite having thousands and thousands of rounds through it. The trigger is beautiful and it just fits right.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    My old S & W M ^ P 5" 38 Spl. - it was born the same year I was. It, like me, has some honest wear on it but is in top shape, hits what I point it at and is 100% reliable. Even if I'n gone, I have specified that it go to a younger fellow that I think highly of (we never have kids). The 2nd one is my 1910 Colt Army Special 6" 38 Spl. - that is slated to go to the B in L of the young fellow I'm leaving the M & P to - both fine fellows. The Colt AS is another one that hits where you point it.

Boolit Master

Any of my 1911s…& I have quite a few
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Long ago on a prairie dog safari, my cousin from Muleshoe gave me a Ballester Molina Argentine.45 auto.
    The bluing was almost gone, but it worked and shot just fine.
    I changed the sights, lowered the ejection port a bit, and polished the feed ramp for feeding bullets other than FMJ.
    I baked on a Lauer Gun Kote finish and my daughter bought some nice grips for it.
    It’s probably not worth much to anyone else,
    But I’ve kept it around because it works and is a great shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    My 4 inch Colt Python. Rode a lot of miles with me and was on my hip on the first night of the Rodney King riots.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

I have had several over the years, but currently own just one genuine Colt Government Model .45acp. Series 80. I sleep with a Sig 228 9mm next to my bed and own a plethora of single actions. A couple dozen rifles and shotguns. But, if everything I have that goes bang is swept away, due to age and circumstances. My cold dead hand will still be clutching that Colt Government Model. That's just the way its going to be...for me.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gc45 View Post
    To many to mention. if we exclude collectables, which many here own, the shooter guns I'd never sell are, the Ruger 44sp flat top, Ruger BH Bisley 45C, Smith J-frame snubby.
    See, I can't keep just one!
    Great minds - I would am quite happy with my Lipsey Ruger BH 41/2" in 44 Special. Not counting 22 rounds; I have probably shot it more than any other revolver I own. I cast for it and load for it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruger SA June 28a.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	318278
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Grand Master

The revolver in my avatar ... a model 58 S&W in 41 Magnum .

One of my best friends , from childhood , returned from U.S. Marines about 1970 and joinded the Baton Rouge Police Department as a Motorcycle Cop , rode a big H.D. for two decades and packed the 41 magnum in place of dept. issued 38 special model 64 S&W ... He wanted to be able to shoot through a car if needed ...
    He knew I loved that gun and I reloaded boxes of ammo for us both to shoot at local indoor range .
    After 25 years service Larry retired and ... Gave me his revolver ... he said I always enjoyed shooting it so much , he wanted me to have it ... I got tears in my eyes ...
    Thanks Larry
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Never is a loooong time. whatcha trading?
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    What handgun would I never never ever?

My wife's. Don't even ever think about it.

Wonderful thread! So many good choices, and lots of interesting choices. Wish there were more favorite pistol photos, but I'm enjoying the ones that were posted. Me...? Too hard to pick just one, but this is one of several:

1911 Colt, unusual serial no. of A ASO<>5016<>. The gun was confiscated from an inebriated bartender who was threatening his customers with it. The serial no., right side, had been filed off. It was restored using acid with only one number remaining in question, could have been an 8, or a 6, 3, or 9. All possible combinations were run to see if it was stolen, but it wasn't.

It was purchased at a police auction by my father who then had it renumbered by the Alameda Sheriff's Office, one of 3 California agencies authorized by law to renumber guns, and re-blued by an elderly gunsmith who was later murdered in his shop by an escaped criminal. I received it as a gift on my 16th Christmas, along with a 2 lb. coffee can full of mixed FMJ ammo, some head stamped back as far as 1917. Under my father's coaching and supervision I leaned to shoot with this pistol until I could consistently hit another 2 lb. can at 25 yds. It had an awful, heavy, creepy trigger pull (still not that good!) that taught me to concentrate on maintaining sight alignment while keeping up a steady squeeze. I am one of those whom an unaltered 1911 likes to hammer bite on the web of the hand between thumb and forefinger, and I later changed out the issue hammer for a Commander-type rowel hammer--but it still bites me. I didn't want to modify it any further, and retained the original hammer with the pistol. I seldom shoot it anymore, having other 1911s and A1s, many with beavertail safeties.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM002102.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	318284 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM002101.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	318283

DG

Boolit Master

S&W model 29 Highway patrol .357 Magnum / mid 60's vintage.
    My Dad bought it for me when I graduated high school. I think of him every time I shoot it.
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Boolit Buddy
    Most likely a Colt Officers Model, Heavy Barrel in 32 New Police ( 32 S&W )
    I took me a number of years to find.

Colt only made aprox 1000 of them in 1940-41

The other one was from a good friend who has since passed
    Its a Ruger SSM in 32 H&R with the 4 5/8" barrel

Just love the 32's

JW

Moderator Emeritus

A quick mental inventory gave me 19 handguns and 7 pistol length contender bbls. I could not find any that I would never sell.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

My FA 83 in 454 Cassull. The one that will be next to last is my S&W Model 646 Performance Center in 40 S&W (there were only 161 made)!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Mold
    Ruger Redhawk. 5.5”. Traded a Glock for it in the 90s. For a while it was my only centerfire handgun. Traveled all over with me. I know it’s scars and scratches and can tell you the story of each one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast