MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Handgun Will You Never Trade Or Sell

Banned

ive trade off about anything id get rid of so the ones i have are staying. only exception is one of my glock 22's. i have three of them but even so i sure in no hurry to get rid of one. there imo the best non concealed fighting pistol ever made. if shtf id have one on my hip and another in my back pack

Boolit Master

It is not my most carried or fired revolver but I will never sell My Model 29 I really like the gun. I bought it in 1978 in the walnut presentation case $469 out the door . It is very accurate and over to the left you see me shooting it .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

I don't sell guns.

Already let it go. My dad's bring back luger. First pistol I had ever shot. Let it go to my nephew to keep it in the family for hopefully longer

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I guess, "will not sell" is actually the key.

I was gifted my great grandfather's Smith & Wesson 32. He was the sheriff of and a Judge in Jefferson County, AL He carried the Smith #1 in 32 S&W as a backup gun and also carried it in the pocket of his robes on the bench and in the court room. It has a signed letter attesting to what it is, rolled up, inserted into the barrel. It is of no real value except to our family.

It has traveled many, many miles protecting the life of a man of the law. Could well be, that without it, I would not be here.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

I have always figured if I was that destitute that I had to sell my guns to pay bills, I probably had no business having them in the first place.
    That said I did let go of a couple.
    The first was the first rifle I had ever owned, a .22 cal Stevens "Little Scout" that the breech was opening upon firing, I traded for a cheap bolt action so I could keep shooting.
    I really missed the "Little Scout" to the point I started building one from scratch, mostly by memory, never finished it as it had the same problem as the original.
    I recently acquired another as a gunsmith project that I finished a few days ago. I was kind of obsessed with those little Stevens boy's guns.
    The main problem with them is most of today's ammunition is too powerful for the weak actions. I figured out that CCI Quiet-22 works perfectly in them.
    The old bolt gun I did get rid of, but I never did like it, so it doesn't count.
    The other one was a .22 Jennings I bought from a friend that later had sellers' remorse, so I let him have it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky146 View Post
    All of them, handguns or rifles. NONE are for sale or trade
    Me too. I have never sold one I obtained. Never will. They go to my grandson.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Ruger Old Army would be my last to go.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

It boils down to, "What's your favorite gun?" Perhaps.......

The lower the value of the gun, the easier it will be to keep it. If the value is very high and someone is offering you the cash to pay the rent and feed your family, it might be harder to keep it.

Most of my guns I like enough to keep. The few that I don't like so much, I'd feel guilty for selling, even at a low price. So I'll keep them too.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Grand Master

I suppose I have 2. I couldn’t choose between them if I had to. They will both be in my estate.

First is a 1917 vintage commercial Colt 1911. It was Grampa's, then Dad's, now mine. Grampa and Dad shot competitive Bullseye with it and there is no telling how many thousands of rounds have been down the pipe. I remember the very first time I was allowed to shoot it. Grampa drove us down a dirt road on the outskirts of Raymond, NH and we put some old cans up on a wooden fence. Grampa had it stoked with his competition loads, an H&G #130 over some tiny charge of Hercules Bullseye. Real softball loads they were, but I was 8 years old and had only shot .22's up to that point. Old slab sides made quite an impression on this kid.

Grampa was the one that soldered on the Patridge front sight and bobbed the hammer. No doubt killed any collector value, but no matter. It's priceless to me.

The second is this M38 Bodyguard Airweight. My Father called me up one day and asked me to bring over one of the Hi Standard Supermatics. Which of course I did. When I got there I asked him what was up and he told me that in his old age, he could no longer work the slide on the crappy, but perfectly reliable, Davis .380 that had been his carry gun for years. I reached in my pocket and pulled out the 360 Airlight that I was carrying at the time. I unloaded it and handed it over to see if the double action pull was too heavy. It wasn’t, in fact he said it was easy. So I left the Supermatic and drove over to Targetmaster where I had seen this M38. Short negotiations followed and I brought it home with a box of hollow based wadcutters. Then I called up Mika and placed an order for a pocket holster just like the ones I use.

I will never forget when I gave it to him. He almost cried. It was his constant companion until his death in 2014. The 360 doesn’t get much use anymore. Pop’s Airweight has taken its place. The memories more than make up for the extra few ounces.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Buddy

Wilson Combat CQB 1911 .45 . First pistol I could afford to have built to my specs. Had my friend Zane at Lonestar Custom Grips make me a pair of camelbone grips with the Eagle Globe and Anchor emblem embedded in the them. The other is my dad's old J frame airweight
    NRA Life Member
    Member Florida Carry
    Founding member/moderator COTEP

S&W model 14-4 6" target with diamond grips made in about 1982.

Boolit Master

The plain-jane Remington-Rand 1911 that followed me home from Southeast Asia. I gave it away once, to my father, and it was returned when he passed away.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    1957 Ruger 357 Flat top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RUGER FLATTOP 357 002.jpg  
    Last edited by GOPHER SLAYER; 10-01-2023 at 08:33 PM.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Tough question...Probably my 4'' S&W 629-3. It just does so much so well.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Master

Had to sell one about 50 years ago, a Remington Model 51 .380. My wife and I both still miss it. Nevermore.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Mold
    The one I will never sell is actually the least valuable, from a monetary perpsective: Armi San Marco 1858 Remington replica with brass frame. The first handgun I ever owned, and has been with me on some of my finest adventures. Stoked with blank loads, me and my buddies used to ambush hayrides at youth camp (to simulate a “bushwacking” encounter - the campers loved it!). Carried it holstered to my high school one day - unloaded of course - when we had a western themed dress-up day. This in the time when doing such wouldn’t trigger a SWAT response. The old revolver has a pitted bore and excess endplay but I still shoot it once in a while with light loads. It probably isn’t worth $50. Too many good memories to ever think about letting it go at any price. Will get passed down to one of the kids someday.

Boolit Master

Mu Cplt M1911A1. veteran of WWII, Korea, Viet Nam and Afghanistan.
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Master
    Not one gun in my collection was gifted to me. If the price is right they would all go only to be replaced by something else.
    However, I own three BFR’s and each have been modified. And I sent a new Anaconda and Python to Heffron for action jobs over 6 months ago (still waiting for them to be finished). These 5 would be the last to go simply because of the time and expense to get them in their current condition.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Bub
    I don't really sell anything, but the last one to go would be a well worn NM Blackhawk 41 mag that was my dads. super accurate and accompanies me in the woods whenever I go.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast