RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Comparing wet tumblers.

Boolit Master

Comparing wet tumblers.

https://youtu.be/CwzHCB3Dayo?si=qdyDgLRS6hiq6rBv

Amazon running a sale right now little over $80 for the light version. I've been waiting for a while I've seen it for $69 years past but never grabbed one. Now it's 80 bucks but still a pretty good deal. It is smaller than I expected it to be but it's still a very good size for just a small batch of brass. I love the big one, but I find it can be wasteful if you just have a couple of boxes of shells you want to wash. I hope you enjoy. God bless CW.
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Build your own. With a power supply, windshield wiper motor, skate wheels, 1/4" all thread, some 4" PVC sewer pipe and a few other items you can build one a lot cheaper. Watch a few videos. I did it. I made it with a wood frame (I have no idea how to weld).
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Moderator Emeritus

Maybe I'm missing sum'thin -- common for me -- and I have two (the slow- and the high-speed) Thumler's Tumblers. Re the high-speed model, my limitation has always been maximum number of cases I could put in it without doing eventual damage (from weight) to motor, bearings, etc.. BUT, I have done as few as 20 cases in this same unit! I generally follow the same procedure: I have a large plastic jug filled with distilled water Cranberry Juice had come in, in which I add some Dawn and Lem'n-Shine. I put however many cases I need to clean in the empty tumbler; add the stainless steel pins (full amount) and then add the mix from jug to roughly 1/4" to 1/2" above the level of the pins+cases. Affix the lid, and tumble away...
    Again, my "wish" has on occasion been for a LARGER capacity tumbler -- perhaps just "me".
    On the other hand -- regardless of the "toy" -- if you have a liking for it... I've ALWAYS said, "BUY IT!!!"
    Enjoy -- perhaps after you receive and use it you may post an update?
    geo

Boolit Master
    Rebel 17

I am using a rebel barrel on my thumler’s low speed. If you get a rebel, make sure to get the knob for the barrel lid nuts.

Boolit Master
    I am still using my 40+ year old Tumbler model B, works great for my needs.

Boolit Master

Thumblers Tumblers are awesome!! I have one of there vibratory bought back in the '80's its out lasted a Lyman and a Midway!!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    I initially bought the big guy but found that I had to collect cases from several range trips to justify running it.
    I would rather have the cases "in process" than sitting/waiting for enough for a tumbler run, so I searched for and found a small hobby type rock tumbler on ebay ($25) to use:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmallTumbS.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	318192
    So far it has worked out using the pins from the big FART.
    jmo,
    EDIT: found it at walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Maxx-Expl...2?from=/search

FYI: I have to place a board under the front to tilt the drum to put more pressure on the drive wheel.
    just sayin',
    Last edited by Kenstone; 09-22-2023 at 02:13 PM.
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Grand Master

I will have to agree with my wife ... Bigger is better than small .

I've never wished for a smaller tumbler , wet or dry .

And if you going to spend money ... get something from Thumbler's Tumblers ...
    I have a 50 year old rock polishing Model B , converted to dry media case polisher ...then used as wet case polisher . Replaced drive belts a few times , and that bad boy just keeps on running . I polished a lot of rocks , running 24/7 for weeks at a time and then used as case polisher both wet and dry , lots of use ...
    The Thumbler Model B was worth every penny !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I have a Lortone #12 that I bought from Paul Jones in the early '80's. It was designed as a rock polisher & is stout. I thought they were expensive then & almost 4 times more expensive now. However: it is one of the best investments I've ever made. I think I paid $42.00 for it at a time when I bought several 4 cavity SAECO (pre Redding) molds from him for around the same price ($42.00). I wet tumble only now.

Boolit Bub
    I second the lortone, I’ve had it for only 5 years works excellent and quite. I use ceramic media. 45-90 to
    40-65 will fit 60 cases and it not even half full. 2 hours all bp residue is gone.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have a two drum rock tumbler a friend gave me years ago.
    I think it's a Lortone.
    Never had any problems with it.
    Motor get to hot for my liking, so I put a small fan on it to suck air through it.