Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much would you pay for this Ruger NO. 1

Boolit Master

Peoples tastes run differently I suppose. I've collected Ruger No 1 and #3 for years and and consider them a close second to another two brands of single shot rifles that I collect. Unfortunately, the friendly folks in Big Timber Montana don't price their rifles for the budget conscience shooter/collector. But my they are sweet.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Not original, I'd offer $700.
    Folks selling guns are high on crack or meth with their prices.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    I love Ruger No 1''s but only if they are in more exotic chamberings than 308. The ones that turn my head are 300 H&H, 7x57, 218 Bee etc. The frustration I have with No 1's is that they are always priced higher than gold and hardly ever sell yet the sellers refuse to budge an inch on the price. The only one I have ever broken down and bought was a brand new sample in 218 Bee when my FFL came in handy in that I was able to get it from a wholesaler considerably cheaper than you'd ever see at a gunshop or a website such as Gunbroker.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyReel View Post
    I'm not a Ruger No 1 fan. My offer would probably get me tossed from the shop, so I would politely put it back on the rack.
    I'm the same way, that $$$$ for that .... just not my thing they are not a hunting rifle ... well they are but just not my type. Bump, lever or bolt, SxS O/U even a semi, okay but single shot not for me

Price is not a huge issue for collector firearms, but I consider collectible firearms those that are much older than a Ruger #1! An old single shot from the late 1800's is almost always an expensive gun, and can easily go what this rebarreled Ruger is asking for, and much more. I just prefer those older guns with their long history, and collector interest.
    I also am a fan of exposed hammer single shots, and the Rugers I've owned never shot as well or as accurate as old original single shot did for me.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wag View Post
    I have a #1 in .357 magnum. Great little shooter. I think I'd pay 1,500 for the one you listed above.

--Wag--
    And I am jealous, Sir.

Yesterday spoke with a local shop about putting the 9.3x74R for sale on consignment.
    Someone would snap it up, and I can but hope sight it in using the local burrowing garden pests.

I agree with marlinman93( though I really like Ruger single shots) If you can't carry a 10 pound #1B in the field hunting you need to get in better shape.
    they are more complex than a Ballard, Stevens 44-1/2 ,Roller or Hiwall but they are hell for stout and reliable.

As far as accuracy I think a custom #1 was tops in the Raton Schuetzen matches this year.I own a few and my 416 Rigby is near MOA at times with cast and my 30-06 1B is sub MOA many(not all) times with plainbase cast bullets breech seating.
    My #1V .223 is one I've not got shooting well as of yet.
    Last edited by HARRYMPOPE; 10-02-2023 at 10:43 PM.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

FWIW, I just sold a very nice 45/70 for $1,000. I have seen crazy prices on these, but reality has got to check in once in a while.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Wag View Post
    I have a #1 in .357 magnum. Great little shooter. I think I'd pay 1,500 for the one you listed above.

--Wag--
    The California Highway Patrol Commemorative model? I have one I received in a trade a few years back. Beautiful rifle.

Sent from somewhere on Mother Earth
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    The California Highway Patrol Commemorative model? I have one I received in a trade a few years back. Beautiful rifle.

Sent from somewhere on Mother Earth
    I don't think it is but next time I get it out, I'll double check.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12