Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: waited a loooong time

Escapee from The People's Republik of Kalifornia - Now in AZ, "Where Free Men Live!"

waited a loooong time

To get the Magma Engr. 80 pound bottom pour pot.

It requires 240 service.

It was worth the wait and the electrician's expense.

If you pay attention, you don't really need mold guides beneath the pot.

It rocks. And rocks. And rocks.

~~~~~
    I used to have a Master Caster which I modified to allow me to use gang molds, but 40# of lead just was not enough.

I could switch it back to regular duty (the task it was designed for) in about 20 minutes.

Anybody wants to see photos, i can likely find them.

pcmacd

Kalifornia passes "feel good" legislation hand over fist, legislation that is looking for a problem to solve and affecting only law abiding persons.

So, after 40 years of that nonsense, that's why I now live in Arizona.

As a new person to the casting scene, I have spoken with Magma a couple times in the past, and recently when inquiring about pricing on some molds and a Master Caster setup.
    Are you using multiple molds at once, casting from the same alloy mixture, or just sitting down for longer sessions to cast out large batches in a single go?
    When I spoke with Magma 2 weeks ago or so, he mentioned that they were waiting on heating elements to arrive from their supplier, so machines/pots could not be ready to ship yet.
    Decisions decisions...

Escapee from The People's Republik of Kalifornia - Now in AZ, "Where Free Men Live!"
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungGun88 View Post
    As a new person to the casting scene, I have spoken with Magma a couple times in the past, and recently when inquiring about pricing on some molds and a Master Caster setup.
    Are you using multiple molds at once, casting from the same alloy mixture, or just sitting down for longer sessions to cast out large batches in a single go?
    When I spoke with Magma 2 weeks ago or so, he mentioned that they were waiting on heating elements to arrive from their supplier, so machines/pots could not be ready to ship yet.
    Decisions decisions...
    When configured for gang mold casting, I seldom used more than a single mold -- it just got tooo complicated. From time to time I would pour a couple dozen with a second mold, but not often.
    Kalifornia passes "feel good" legislation hand over fist, legislation that is looking for a problem to solve and affecting only law abiding persons.

So, after 40 years of that nonsense, that's why I now live in Arizona.