Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Shooting bag

Shooting bag

Made a shooting bag a while back and thought i would share pics with every one. It turned out pretty good and works good. Even made a couple ball bags one for my 50 and a little one for my 32. The bag has two pockets inside and a couple on out side and a pocket behind the flap in the back. Took a while to make and allot of sour fingers. It was fun to make.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20230918_210015_resized_1.jpg   20230918_205743_resized_1.jpg   20230918_205253_resized_1.jpg   20230918_205536_resized_1.jpg  
    Last edited by lead chucker; 09-19-2023 at 01:20 AM. Reason: incomplete
    Dont pee down my back and tell me its raining.

I rubbed the hole thing down on the out side with snow seal and then took the blow dryer to it. Did that a couple times. Should be pretty water proof. I also soaked the leather in coffee to give it the color i wanted.

Moderator Emeritus

Nice job. Keep saying gonna have to try leather working but haven't had a chance yet.

Looks good enough to ride the river with - congrats ! !
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    lead chucker,

Great job! I am not handy and NEVER ride in a vehicle I worked on and would not live in anything I built. Whatever.

I have, and need, about a dozen possibles bags; most are leather and are yard sales finds of nice purses that went for a dollar or two.

Be well.

Adam

I use a 30 year old cordura camera case for my possibles bag. The latch rotted off here while back so it’s time to get the correct thing….
    I like yours a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I made my first leather holster when I was a teen cause I could not afford to buy one. For my dad's 1911. I got a kit from Tandy. I've since made almost all my own holsters and knife sheaths along with other leather stuff.

I learned to sew when in the Army. Got an old Singer sewing machine at a yard sale. Patches and such at first. Then I expanded into things like repairing field gear. Then started making holsters from nylon (well before the trend started). Also made shooting bags of many types. Old blue jeans are a good source of raw material like the belt loops and pockets. The legs can be made into bags in just a few seconds.

Now days my wife quilts and I maintain the sewing machines for all the folks in her quilting group. I still sew bags, made our luggage bags, gun cases, etc.

Learning these skills are not only useful, but, once you retire they can 'fill the time'. Kinda like reloading and bullet casting.

Yep. I like making things. The bag was a challenge. this is my third one i made. I used card board to make templets then traced them out on the leather. I have made a couple leather black powder rifle slings they turned out nice. Especially for my great planes rifle its heavy.