Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt Walker Reproductions?

Boolit Bub
    Thank you!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Good Cheer - sounds like your experimenting paid off and you could very well be on to something. Eras Gone carries a mold for a heeled conical for the Walker that I believe is supposed to be a close copy of an original design. I have his various molds for .36 & .44 C & B as well as his Smith Carbine mold - all fun to shoot. When I bought the Walker I had, I bought one of the Eras Gone Walker molds, but haven't used it yet - plan on casting some when we get back to AZ for the winter. I plan on trying them in my Uberti 3rd Model Dragoon.

I think that because of the size of the Walker, the history, etc. that a lot of folks have a tendency to load them up pretty heavy - I got rid of mine, but it would be interesting if someone experimented wit various powder loads as well as various boolit weights to see if there is a correlation between those things and the loading lever drop - maybe someone has and I've never seen it, but what you point out is interesting.

Boolit Bub
    Mine should be arriving tomorrow! Looking forward to trying it out next weekend.

Boolit Bub
    That was the most fun I have ever had shooting a pistol. Loud, smokey, accurate and gentle recoil. 50gr of Goex FFg.
    I did have the loading lever flop down once.

Boolit Buddy

I like the file trick on the loading lever spring. Will try it! Have a Navy Arms pilot model that ole' Val Forgett sold me for $75 !!!! The gun was in the white and unfinished. But the cylinder had the COLT'S PATENT markings on it just like the originals! The barrel has the Colt address on it too. I carefully hand finished the gun and finished trimming and sanding the grips too. Still have the gun and a leather shoulder cross-draw holster. Someday when I grow up I plan to bang Bambi with it. Thanks for the loading lever fix tip!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12