Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: Frankford tumbler review.

Boolit Buddy

Frankford tumbler review.

I purchase the larger model a while ago, and finally tried it with the pins. Excellent.
    Tried dish soap... good. Tried TURTLE WAX MAX POWER CAR WASH, even better. Tumbled for 1.5 hrs and rinsed.....spotless. Final quick tumble using Ultra Shine Car Wash and Car Wax by Armor All to help prevent tarnish. Dry with towel, and set in sun to dry case interiors. Looks like new.
    Cleans quicker than dry media, and no dust.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    I purchase the larger model a while ago, and finally tried it with the pins. Excellent.
    Tried dish soap... good. Tried TURTLE WAX MAX POWER CAR WASH, even better. Tumbled for 1.5 hrs and rinsed.....spotless. Final quick tumble using Ultra Shine Car Wash and Car Wax by Armor All to help prevent tarnish. Dry with towel, and set in sun to dry case interiors. Looks like new.
    Congrats on your apparent success! Questions: Did you use anything (e.g., Lem-n-shine) in addition to your waxes (and, I assume water)? And, what "formula" (e.g., say, one cap-full, or teaspoon, or ??? added to the water? Lastly, to what level did your solution attain? My best results have been, with brass in my tumbler, to add water+soap+lem'n shine+wax to a level just about the thickness of one of the cases I'm tumbling above them.
    Just curious... I'm always open for a hopeful improvement on what I've been doing.
    geo

Boolit Master

I bought one of large Franklin tumblers a few months back. I used lemi-shine on some of the worse brass cartridge cases I've ever seen. After cleaning, it was very obvious a lot of the brass was way past unusable with really bad corrosion. I didn't use anything but Lemi-Shine and water. Worked great.
    Last edited by littlejack; 09-13-2023 at 02:36 PM.
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.

Boolit Buddy
    georgerkahn,
    No lemi-shine. The TURTLE WAX MAX POWER CAR WASH is slightly acidic, possibly a similar ph to the lemishine. I have not tried lemi-shine, so I dont know for sure. I used about 1oz per gallon.
    The armorall wash and wax about 2oz per gallon, and have reused it a couple of times so far.
    I wish I had bought this tumbler years ago, as its so much quicker and cleans better than the dry methods.

I bought the Frankford Arsenal Rotary Tumbler maybe 2 months ago. I used the solution that came with the unit and NO stainless pins. My brass came out looking very clean after 2 hours. I let it dry overnight and then put it in the Lyman vibratory cleaner with a squirt of Simichrome. It's very shiny after an hour.

I ordered 2 32 OZ bottles of the FART juice on Amazon.

I’ve had mine for years. It’s been fine. I recently bought a vibratory shaker as part of a large lot of reloading equipment and I think it cleans the brass better. My brass was always clean but never very shiny with the wet tumbler.

I run my brass through with Dawn and water for about an hour to get rid of most of the dirt, drain and then use Lemi-Shine with Dawn for 1-2 hours. Then off to the dryer. Clean enough for me every time.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Buddy
    I use the dawn and water solution with pins for an hour then use Maguires wash and wax with a 380 case full of lemi-shine, for 2-3 and it looks new when it comes out. I fill mine to the point where the top starts to angle back to the threads.

Boolit Buddy
    Dishwasher Powder 1/4 teaspoon, dishwash liquid a good squirt and a half teaspoon of citric acid and no pins for all but the dirtiest brass, 45 mins and its sparkling the dishwasher powder is the gamechanger

Cheers

Boolit Master
    One of the few Midway-branded products I would buy. They're inexpensive, work well, and will last fifteen or twenty years, maybe longer, then thow it away and buy another.

Moderator Emeritus

georgerkahn,
    No lemi-shine. The TURTLE WAX MAX POWER CAR WASH is slightly acidic, possibly a similar ph to the lemishine. I have not tried lemi-shine, so I dont know for sure. I used about 1oz per gallon.
    The armorall wash and wax about 2oz per gallon, and have reused it a couple of times so far.
    I wish I had bought this tumbler years ago, as its so much quicker and cleans better than the dry methods.
    Thanks for reply/info! "Me too"!!!! after I first got mine, albeit mine is the Thumler's Tumbler variety for ss pins/liquid.
    geo

Boolit Grand Master

Wash the dirt off with dawn and water then use NuFinish and acetone with walnut in the tumbler overnight. Is it better, i have no idea but i tried it after reading on here and the brass is clean enough for me
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum