Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: S-K .22 Rifle Match & Long Range Match

Boolit Buddy

S-K .22 Rifle Match & Long Range Match

My C-Z shoots these two bullets very well. I have tried everywhere for about six weeks to locate some and had no luck. Does this stuff come in in waves. or we in just a dry spell? Is it the time of year or what is the cycle of availability? I have back orders at several places, but nobody gives me any hope of anything soon. What is the experience of other shooters needing these cartridges?

Boolit Master
    NAMMO Lapua Oy bought SK Jagd years ago. SK takes a back seat to Lapua production. The mid and lower Lapua is produced by SK.

Don't know if you've tried Eley Club. Good Shooting Inc. has some for a buck less a box than SK Rifle Match. They show some in stock. Cathy has been in the shooting game a long time.

Boolit Buddy
    I put myself on the waiting list with Bullet Central and they notified me they had some in. I called immediately, they said they had "just" run out and they expected no more anytime soon. I think they are full of B.S.

Boolit Master
    Champions choice or champion shooters supply is where I have bought ??

Boolit Bub
    My rifle likes SK long range as your's. It shoot RWS target ammo as good too if you can find it.

Boolit Buddy
    Just to let you know I am NOT paranoid. I got an Email from "Mile High" today thar said they now have some in stock, I phoned, and they said thay have not had any for quite some time. I have been calling " Champions Choice" and was advised to phone them every two or three days to check inventory. After three weeks of trying, I phoned Aug. 29th and they said they had some. I placed a $1,150.00 order. They took my credit card and sent me verification of my order. Four days later I phoned them to get tracking information and was told they never had the ammo, it had been a mistake. For three days I was checking my porch because they did NOT contact me that order had been cancelled. If I had not called them, I would still be checking my porch. They said that my order was Backordered, but to keep calling. B>S>

Boolit Buddy
    I think the last couple of years has seen a massive increase in precision rimfire competition. The standard 3-P and Prone Smallbore that was the major consumer of match ammo has been suffering from a lack of new junior shooters entering the sport, but things like Mini-Palma, Long Range Rimfire and PRS style rimfire matches have exploded. Suddenly, the stagnant market for match ammo has blown up by several times previous usage. There probably isn't enough tooling to make match ammo at any where near the volume of this sudden increase in demand.

The last time I was at Camp Perry for 3-P Smallbore I think was 2009 (the last year they had it there) and I bought a PILE of match ammo. It has finally run out so now I am in the same boat. SK Standard Plus is pretty solid ammo and can still be found. Sellier and Bellot Club is surprisingly good for a lower price point. I wish an American Manufacturer would make a competitive match grade round but all they seem interested in is making volumes of junk.

The last couple of years has been a sea change in the demand for quality rimfire ammo and its going to take a while to tool up to produce volumes of high quality ammo. In the mean time, we are all in the same boat.

Boolit Master
    I have a case of SKLRM on backorder for at least 3 months, going
    beltfed/arnie

Boolit Buddy
    About ten days ago I made an order with Champions Choice for $1,150 worth of S-K .22 ammo. They said they had it, filled the order, took my credit card and sent me confirmation, I found out by accident four days later that they had none and had cancelled the order. They never called to inform me about the cancellation, so I was still looking for it, Today I found they had charged my credit card the $1,150. I cannot believe the way people are doing business these days.

Boolit Master

I always check www.ammoseek.com for my .22 fodder. My most recent purchase was 5 bricks of Norma Tac 22. Local they were asking $8.99/bx of 50 and the 5 bricks all in was $168.

Boolit Buddy
    These are the conditions that tempt companies to churn out junk for high prices. Be cautious.

Boolit Master
    I just was shooting some more cci quiets, 75 to 80 yards at a 3" pole. standing upright with no support or rifle rest or shooting sticks. anyway usually my routine for front yard pole shooting is about a box full of them through an old marlin 39 mountie. today I grabbed the Remington 572 with original iron sights. I rang that pole pretty consistent 13 of 15 rounds, 12 out of 15 and 13 out of 15. all of the misses were my fault taking out some of today's frustrations on the pole and gun and not exhaling before squeezing trigger and just being in a rotten mood careless.
    shot through that gun just as good as winchester 555's or mini mags or Remington Goldens . I guess if I were ever to spring for some printed targets and put a gun in a rifle rest I could split some hairs and figure out what combination of gun and ammo is the absolute most accurate. if I was shooting at squirrels or rabbits today I would have a pot full. I guess I'm ranting. because I've been lucky that the few guns I have turned out to be pretty accurate. or good enough for the kind of shooting I do.

Boolit Master

That's a shame about Champions Choice. I had a bad experience with them too. I had dealt with them for over 25 years and was very happy. The last time I attempted to order something l questioned the exhorbitant shipping charge and was treated very rudely for doing so. Needless to say I told them to forget it. I wonder if they have new owners??
    Last edited by Patrick L; 09-20-2023 at 09:34 PM.

Boolit Master
    I just got some good target ammo (Eley Match) from Freeland's Sports. They had 10 lot numbers available. Had plenty of other brands too.
    The only amendment the Democrats support is the 5th.

A while back I happened across some Eley Team. It looked like Eley tenex. I was told is was end of life runs on the tenex machines. It was cheaper than tenex and not much more than Eley Club. Well, it shoots pretty good in the rifles I tried it in. Like MOA at 100m with my rifle. Never seen it again and I didn't buy a brick.

But more to topic, I've been told about SK ammo but never found any.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.