WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Finding Kcso

Boolit Grand Master

Finding Kcso

I figured I had better post this after some missed communications.
    First off I am an old guy who renounced technology as soon as I retired. I wanted nothing more to do with so called advanced technology.
    I am still using a flip phone (good enough for Captain Kirk good enough for me). I don't do text and I can no longer post photos here. I try and answer the phone when I can heat it over the machines in the shop.

I do check e mails once a day but that may change if my computer (windows 7) finally dies

Sorry that this has inconvenienced some but being and old curmudgeon I refuse to change.
    Still around KCSO

Boolit Buddy
    Windows 7, great OS. But, you can't even buy a full installation CD anymore!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master
    i sure do appreciate simple and lower or non technological living. but in today's world if I want to get anything accomplished, and pretty near every type of goods being sold online from big warehouse shipping locations and local retail outlets disappearing at an astonishing rate having adequate electronic communication technology is a necessary evil. just my opinion

I am still running the original windows. As far as the phone? I am with my I phone 5. A goodly step above the flip phone! lol. And yes I can still order anything I want from the nets.
    Last edited by super6; 09-09-2023 at 12:22 PM.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Glad you checked in KCSO!

I miss the days of less technology and less government.
    Anyways, keep living your best life.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post

Sorry that this has inconvenienced some but being and old curmudgeon I refuse to change.
    Now, if you were using MS-DOS version 3.3 and a wired army telephone, then this would really be an indicator of a rejection of new technologies. And so, I also use Windows 7.0 and a push-button phone (not a flip phone), but I also have a slide rule, an abacus type abacus and a mechanical typewriter. With technology, everything is simple - if their resource is enough for life, then great.

Viam supervadet vadens.

Boolit Buddy
    MS Dos 3.3 can be upped to MS Dos 6.2. Available with 3.5 diskettes or CD installation media. Also available on floppies.

And if you are wondering about CP/M 86: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP/M-86
    Last edited by trebor44; 09-09-2023 at 04:44 PM.
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master

I do understand your perspective, but when that stuff is no longer serviceable you will find your circle of contacts greatly reduced. You don't have to embrace ALL the new stuff. Pick one device to upgrade phone, pc, tablet. At least you will still be able to communicate with great places like this doing so.

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    I figured I had better post this after some missed communications.
    First off I am an old guy who renounced technology as soon as I retired. I wanted nothing more to do with so called advanced technology.
    I am still using a flip phone (good enough for Captain Kirk good enough for me). I don't do text and I can no longer post photos here. I try and answer the phone when I can heat it over the machines in the shop.

I do check e mails once a day but that may change if my computer (windows 7) finally dies

Still around KCSO
    Glad you are still around. Enjoy retirement.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

I'd still be using MS Office if they hadn't stabbed us all in the back. It was the only decent product they ever made, because it actually worked and was stable.
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

Boolit Master
    Captain Kirk had a flip-phone!

thank you!

When Wife screams at her smartphone, I hand her my trac-phone.
    I never did figure out how to post pictures here, though.

Boolit Bub
    One of the best things I ever did was to ditch MS and go with Linux and I've never looked back. I got tired of being held hostage by the constant software changes and their decisions to not continue support of the older OS plus the constant never ending threat of pop ups, viruses, Trojans, etc. Bill G has enough of my money.