RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: Gunshow in Askov MN this weekend.

Boolit Master

Gunshow in Askov MN this weekend.

This has always been a pretty good show. I'm going on Saturday morning. Maybe trade an AK to a dealer for a Tisas .45 if I can. I should have gotten a table since I need to lighten my load of gun stuff a bit. In MN because of new laws we cannot sell handguns or "assault" rifles to anyone but a dealer which of course means we will get ripped off.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master

You can sell them here in Swappin and Selling and get a decent price!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    This has always been a pretty good show. I'm going on Saturday morning. Maybe trade an AK to a dealer for a Tisas .45 if I can. I should have gotten a table since I need to lighten my load of gun stuff a bit. In MN because of new laws we cannot sell handguns or "assault" rifles to anyone but a dealer which of course means we will get ripped off.
    That is not totally correct. With the law change on 1 August transferring a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon between two private parties without a federal firearms dealer requires the process listed below.

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca...-transfer.aspx

Private Party Transfer​
    Use the Private Party T​ransfer Form​ when transferring a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon between two private parties without a federal firearms dealer.

The transfer form is below.

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca...nsfer-Form.pdf

Private Transfers and Sales (after 8/1/2023)
    Record of Transfer; Required Information
    When two individuals without a federal firearms license (i.e. not a FFL or “dealer”) complete the transfer of a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon, they must complete a record of transfer form.
    1. Information Regarding the Transferred Weapon: The record of transfer form must contain the type of weapon, the manufacturer, make, and model of the weapon, and the weapon’s manufacturer-assigned serial number.
    2. Form Creation: The form for the record of transfer is designed and made publicly available without fee by the superintendent of the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.
    3. Form Information: The form must be signed and dated by both the transferor and the transferee. It must contain the serial number of the pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon, a clear copy of each person’s current state or federally issued identification, a clear copy of the transferee permit (Permit to Purchase or Permit to Carry) presented by the transferee, and a signed statement by the transferee swearing that they are not currently prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a firearm.
    4. Record Maintenance: The transferor must maintain a copy of the record of transfer for a period of ten years from the date of the transfer. The transferee must maintain a copy of the record of transfer for a period of ten years from the date of the transfer.
    5. Record Surrender: Both parties involved in the transfer of a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon must produce the record of transfer when requested by a peace officer. Failure to produce this record is considered a misdemeanor.
    Transfers Exempted
    The law provides several exemptions where the above process does not have to be followed.
    1. Federally Licensed Firearms Dealer: Transfers by or to a federally licensed firearms dealer are exempt.
    2. Law Enforcement Agencies: Transfers by or to any law enforcement agency are exempt.
    3. Certain Professionals: Transfers to peace officers, members of the U.S. armed forces, National Guard, or Reserves, federal law enforcement officers, or security guards employed by a licensed protective agent are exempt, provided the transferee is acting within the course and scope of employment and official duties.
    4. Immediate Family Members: Transfers between immediate family members, defined as spouses, domestic partners, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, and grandchildren, are exempt.
    5. Estate or Trust Transfers: Transfers to an executor, administrator, trustee, or personal representative of an estate or a trust that occurs by operation of law upon the death of the former owner of the firearm are exempt.
    6. Antique Firearms: Transfers of antique firearms, as defined in section 624.712, subdivision 3, are exempt.
    7. Curios or Relics: Transfers of a curio or relic, as defined in Code of Federal Regulations, title 27, section 478.11, are exempt if the transfer is between collectors of firearms as curios or relics who each have a valid collector of curio and relics license issued by the U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE, aka ATF).
    8. Temporary Transfers: Temporary transfers of a firearm are exempt if the transfer is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm, and the possession lasts only as long as immediately necessary to prevent such imminent death or great bodily harm.
    9. Auctioneers: Transfers by or to an auctioneer who is following chapter 330 and acting in their official role as an auctioneer to facilitate or conduct an auction of the firearm are exempt.
    10. Specific Temporary Transfers: Temporary transfers are exempt if the transferee’s possession of the firearm following the transfer is only at a shooting range, at a lawfully organized competition involving the use of a firearm, while hunting or trapping, at a lawfully organized educational or instructional course under the direct supervision of a certified instructor, or while in the actual presence of the transferor
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Thank you M-Tecs. I learned about that today. The show was a bit slow it seemed. Not as much discretionary cash around? Still it was fun. Gun Culture Fellowship and all that.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"